'04 2.0 GX sport Fan/accessory belt replacement

I recently got myself a 2004 Impreza 2.0 GX sport wagon (if it doesn't have a turbo is it even a subaru?)

b2a150e1-ae7f-44c8-ab49-639ad89dbec8.thumb.jpg.2fa079111d2c175d65ea67651ab09a97.jpg

I was sitting at the car park at work with the car idling when I hear something weird from the engine bay.

The fan belt has been squeaking for a while now so I figured I'd heed the warning and take a look see whats going on.

4017ed3c-ca51-49aa-8e15-6cf6a895ee85.thumb.jpg.546b8061b250b21d569bcf26358d05ae.jpg

as you can see the accessory (I'm not entirely sure whether to call it a fan belt or an accessory belt) belt was disintegrating right in front of my eyes!

unfortunately I didn't do too much poking around to know exactly what and how many belts would solve the problem although some light research indicated that this engine has two accessory belts so my question is this:

what exactly do i need to replace both of them? I'd prefer to buy from eurocarparts but I'm not exactly sure what it is i need to be buying.

There’s 2 belts. The on there is your power steering and alternator belt. The other one is for your air conditioning pump. I’d have a look on importcarparts.co.uk, good prices for good quality parts. Everything you need is here.... https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts?cat=96&sub=183&sec=331&var=23&dc=y

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 8:36 PM, WideSam said:

There’s 2 belts. The on there is your power steering and alternator belt. The other one is for your air conditioning pump. I’d have a look on importcarparts.co.uk, good prices for good quality parts. Everything you need is here.... https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts?cat=96&sub=183&sec=331&var=23&dc=y

Thanks that worked a charm!

since this my car has had a bunch of niggles, ive had both rear wheelbearings replaced, rear suspension bushings need replacing, as well as leaky shocks etc. the thing im actually worried about though is this:

occasionally when pulling off i can get a loud knock from the gearbox, i can feel the drivetrain load up slightly (like when you try pull off with the handbrake on) and then theres the knock and its like the gearbox unlocks and i can drive off no problems (besides the whine from the gearbox on the motorway, the mechanic thinks its the input shaft bearing, but im open to suggestions)

have you got any ideas or experience with this knock? its the 5sp manual with low range