What servo and master cylinder do I need

Bouncer

Thanks Gambit, yep that should fit, it's a 2.0 sport I picked up but has a braking problem, a mate pressure bled it today (just the fronts) but made no diffirence. if you pump the pedal a few times, you get not to bad a brake, but seconds later, it's down to the floor, and so far there's no leaking

the symptoms you give are signs of air in the system, if it's been flushed/bled thoroughly and it's not cured then you could have a leak in the servo, master cylinder or any of the 4 calipers, you could use the turbo one and blank off the hole for the hydro clutch

the symptoms you give are signs of air in the system, if it's been flushed/bled thoroughly and it's not cured then you could have a leak in the servo, master cylinder or any of the 4 calipers, you could use the turbo one and blank off the hole for the hydro clutch

So I could use the turbo one and blank the clutch hole, is that easy done or no

No problem mate. So you went with the non turbo in the end I take it. And hopefully you get the breaks sorted bit scary when the foot goes to the floor I've had it happen once :D 

Yea went for one of them, I don't need a turbo the way I drive, I guess I got mine through rose coloured specs....I'll hopefully get the brakes ironed out

It need part of the exhaust too, as there's a slight blow, nothing serious though

Yep, the non turbo will do me...plus it's in better condition than the turbo and only had 2 owners, I'm the 3rd

Sounds like a good buy to me mate and more ideal as you have said for the need's you want it for and still AWD ready for the colder month's :)

To blank the hole should be easy enough as you will have it out of the car to work on I'd just worry that it's another thing to leak :D 

yeh just a cap or bolt that's the same as the thread in there already, if you take the extra nut out that you may get with a second hand unit you could take it to an autofactors and they should be able to match it with the correct bolt/blank, for extra piece of mine you could put some brake fluid resistant sealant on the threads or some ptfe tape, i don't think leakage would be an issue but better safe than sorry, it's not long since i threw loads of sport bits out as i didn't think i'd be able to get shut, i can't guarantee its the same so measure both the turbo and sport units and make sure its just the extra hole that's different, i've fitted masters from other cars with the same in the manufacturers range on less similar cars before and subaru seem to share a lot of their parts within the family

• Like 1

Sounds like a good buy to me mate and more ideal as you have said for the need's you want it for and still AWD ready for the colder month's :)

To blank the hole should be easy enough as you will have it out of the car to work on I'd just worry that it's another thing to leak :D

I hope so (as in wirth buying)

Yea I like the shape, allways have, plus it's awd, and unfettled with...it'll hopefully do me

blanking the hole shouldnt be an issue - match up the threads and use a cap or bolt dependant on the mount - have you taken any photos yet?

I took a couple yesterday, I'll attatch them shortly

yeh just a cap or bolt that's the same as the thread in there already, if you take the extra nut out that you may get with a second hand unit you could take it to an autofactors and they should be able to match it with the correct bolt/blank, for extra piece of mine you could put some brake fluid resistant sealant on the threads or some ptfe tape, i don't think leakage would be an issue but better safe than sorry, it's not long since i threw loads of sport bits out as i didn't think i'd be able to get shut, i can't guarantee its the same so measure both the turbo and sport units and make sure its just the extra hole that's different, i've fitted masters from other cars with the same in the manufacturers range on less similar cars before and subaru seem to share a lot of their parts within the family

So shouldnt be that hard to blank

I could use the one from the turbo but if I did, I'd need to either break the rest but dont have the room, or sell as spares/repairs...literally

Photos...one on the left is the non turbo

post-1263-0-55528900-1379425440_thumb.jp

post-1263-0-95706900-1379425475_thumb.jp

I could use the one from the turbo but if I did, I'd need to either break the rest but dont have the room, or sell as spares/repairs...literally

Photos...one on the left is the non turbo

Better to use the one from the turbo as a reference if need be keeping the car intact to sell in one go for ease

Any photos of your new car ;)

I know, I thought that (as in leave it alone)

Having said that, I was thinking of swapping calipers, discs ect as just 2 weeks ago I got them at Euro...£220...I just wanted the use out them instead of letting them go with a car i'll loose money on

Do you mean you would swap the calipers on the non turbo with the new ones I just put on the turbo if they're (ones on the non turbo) ok.....yes they seem fine, it'd need to swap mounts too....I just thought about it. I could probably swap m/c's too but then i'd be selling a car with dodgy front brakes and h/g......wouldn't get much at all despite having 5 months and tax

Yeah that's what I meant sorry. I would maybe look and think what you would get cost wise then is it worth selling it with them on and buying new :) but would make sure the new buyer knows about any problems. But as you said will sell for a lot less 

i'm not sure on the master cylinder now after seeing them pics, ones i have done in the past from cable clutch and hydro clutch nave been identical in shape and pipe position bar the extra pipe in front of the brake pipe for the hydro clutch, i don't want to say go for it in case it's wrong, call Brian at Cams and he should be able to advise whats best

07931 211 871

01254 689 994

oh and if your thinking of breaking a car to make more money, i got peanuts for the parts off the one i broke a few months ago, most bits sold for 99p and others i still have as they didn't sell, doesn't seem to be a big demand for the bits

I know, I did think about it but just don't have the space, and like you say, i'd have bits everywhere that didn't sell, it would be a right pita....I advertised local saying h/g needs done, so see what happens, I've a feeling it's not going to sell.

I'd thought about taking the exhaust off (full stainless) front I/c and pipes, new front brakes, wheels, and scrap the rest