Water in car after clutch change

Hi. Impreza 2008 2.0l Sport, bog standard hatch.

Had the clutch replaced at a Subaru garage, wasn't right, severe vibration at low speed and a warning light came on, Hillstop assist, never seen it had to look it up. Took the car back and they admitted they'd made a mistake, the gearbox was put back in slightly wrong and had to remove and reposition the gearbox andthere was an issue with how they had reconnected the reverse, that caused the hill light. Then 2 days later passenger side of the car filled up with water when my wife drove in the rain. They fobbed my wife off by removing the sill drain plug to let the water out and said no way have they caused anything that could allow water to get in. Have any of you guys got any idea where the water could be coming in please? They say the sill had filled up and overflowed into the caqbin?? Really, can that happen? It was a few inches deep and the car now stinks, there's still loads under the carpet to be sucked out. Another warning light came on the 2nd day of driving it too, again had to look it up. The auto headlight adjustment warning light is on but my fault code finder finds nothing. I don't go in to see them or I will end up falling out with them. Only started to have any trouble with the car when it went in to them...