Std calipers discs & pads v reg 199 UK wagon wrx

Nooby scooby

Hello guys & girls..I recently  bought a 1999 v reg WRX wagon from ACA classic car auction last sat lot 94 pics on website....it's our first one.. me & my 11 year old son fancied a wagon as I run a mx5 NC 1.8 vvti as a daily..anyway  I bought it & paid for it  sat & picked it up on sun fathers day & drove it out the auction &  low & behold the brakes seized on solid 3 miles down the rd..white hot & obviously the lovely odour of  sticking hot brake ..it took the calipers 2 hrs to cool down enough to drive it 2 miles back to the auction..I left it there as I didn't have any  breakdown cover to get it home to Essex that day & I was !Removed! off obviously ...so after inspection by the  kind guys in the bike shop next door js motorcycles..I'd just like to say a big thank you to the owner for taking pity on me on a wet sun afternoon the fronts are toast as they were cooked.. basically I'm  needing the 2 front 4 pot calipers & the rear off side or driver's side..most of the pistons are finished..& I don't have the money for brand new calipers x4 vented discs & nice Brembo pads...so has anyone got a fully serviceable set of calipers front & back..some good discs & pads kicking around to get me out a hole..for a few months  .I've no idea of the cars market value but £2000 seemed ok to me .it's not in bad nick..4 owners local car to Norfolk,service books & wallet,104000 miles..blue ,leather interior,pro  drive alloys..& if I can take the p..it would be better if someone lives close to king's Lynn to deliver them for a small fee & a case of beers ...or I may re enter it & get rid..& keep my nice wee mx5..I know it was from a auction & yes it's not a new car & yes a certain amount of expenditure is expected but ..still..discs & pads fine..£100 at euros .but the calipers new are around £140 each ...I'm in Essex so I could pick any  up in person but I've got to post them or deliver them to kings lynn ..I'm in a moral dilemma..any help would be greatly appreciated..& while I was in it for an hour or so we loved it..no smoke on start up..no rattles,gearbox was nice & tight,temp gauge halfway & it spooled up & pulled well..alarm works ..no rips in the seats or door cards..overall not bad.. both keys just needs a bit of paint on the rear drivers side wing..& the shells need a refurb..I'm on 07783055198..many thanks ..also if I buy used  from e bay or elsewhere what should I be paying for 4 X calipers..I'd probably want to fit new discs & pads..£100..euros..I'd like to keep it but it needs a oil change as well to keep that turbo clean.. so what oil is best  & or filters?..fully synthetic .I  will use it for short trips for work etc initially for a 2 mile round trip so need a good oil to warm up quick..sorry for the long post but the scoob needs brakes!

Hi n welcome,  sorry to hear you've got problems so soon into ownership , its relatively common for the 4 post to stick . Although normally only if it's been sitting for a while or the dust seals have deteriorated. 

4 pot 2nd hand calipers normally sell between £100 to £200, depending on condition . Although they sometimes pop up with used discs in the higher end of  that price range too.

If the pistons can be removed and are not completely stuck ?

you can buy replacement new standard pistons ,updated stainless pistons and seal kits , from the likes of "asperformance" or "import car parts" . Might work out cheaper, if you know your way round a spanner .

If not , I Think "Suffolk jdm solutions " in bury st Edmunds have a few impreza wagons in for breaking atm , might be worth messaging him on f.b .

As for oils and filters I tend to use Opie Oils or import car parts , for either oe or mahle oil filters and a quality fully synthetic oil .