Forester

Defender

Hi, just bought a 2007 forester , need 4wheel drive (a good one I hope) while I rebuild my defender 90. It's in really good condition only 2 previous owners and 55k miles with full service history, so far so good. Only one issue with the cd player, I'll post question in the relevant forum. I need one working, especially now it's a car I can actually hear it in !

Hi Tidgy thanks, It is certainly nicer to drive, more comfortable, quieter and warmer however it will never tow 3.5 tonne and won't plough through **** and ruts like a defender in low box will otherwise all good, thanks Brian. Have found a vid on youtube re taking the head unit out, would still like to know how, what , whether anyone has fitted aftermarket unit and got the steering wheel controls to work.

Wotcha and welcome - When fitting an aftermarket unit to my impreza I came across wiring loom adapter for foresters so you shouldn't have too much of an issue - looks like a double din also so plenty of choice

Hi everybody, request for a bit more help please, when I googled the size of double din it says 180 x 100.3 mm. when I've measured the built in unit in the (2007) forester it comes to about 174 x 100 mm, definitely under 180 by at least 5mm, is that the difference in a bezel ? will a double din fit in place of the built in unit ? don't want to be trying to trim the dash panel ! Thanks Brian.