19 inch alloys

Norris78

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Norris78 said:

Hi has anyone had any experience of fitting 19 inch alloys on a 5 th gen legacy? 

How do they fit ? And drive / turn ? 

Not fitted 19's myself but from previous posts whilst they will look good your handling will suffer particularly on the earlier scoobs. due to the smaller tyre wall the risd is firmer and you may find the car more skittish. But dependent on your driving style you may not mind this and will be willing to sacrifice the ride for the looks

On 1/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, nickraym said:

I want to go 19’s too, what to minimize wheel gap with out sacrificing ride high so this is an excellent question

Changing the size of wheel and then associated tyre to maintain the rolling radius will not change the ride height or the wheel gap - it is the spring / damper setup or bolting on fender flares which would change those

• Like 1

Suggest you'll be disappointed with the handling, instead of flowing over undulations and ridges on bends the car will 'hop', the ride will be little short of awful and road noise likely increase to boot.

23 hours ago, nickraym said:

You are correct, my thoughts are to opt for a taller tire, not huge but maybe a 45 series vs 35 rubber band tires

I would not know how that would affect your diff - Chances are your speedo will be out as well