Sensor issue

David  Clarke

I have just bought a Subaru Impreza wrx sti 330s and all was well until the engine light came on along with the cruise control and sport mode flashing and the traction control being turned off, I plugged in a diagnostic kit and found that the O2 sensor had an issue (bank 1 sensor 1) so I replaced the sensor for a new one and deleted the fault code, how ever the same fault is still showing up, anyone have a clue of anything else it can be?

The only information I got was “control circuit low” and I got the sensor from euro car parts and it was a universal sensor, I had to use the plug from the original sensor but I proved that I was getting continuity from the plug to the actually sensor in all wires so I just put it down to the sensor not working as it should so I replaced it but now I’m thinking it might have something to do with the wiring of the car and not the sensor?

You will get continuity down wires even if they are just hanging by a thread, you will be better off testing the resistance down the wires and if any of them show a high resistance thats what the fault could be but i would also see about getting an oe sensor and trying that bud 👍

Guess that was a heater control circuit low ? exact codes/details enables far better answers .

euro car parts about last people ever want use if want quality parts or real value . They a bit like sports direct buying known brand names and sticking those brands on very poor quality parts and retail it at twice real price then discount code it make consumers think it sale of the decade when in reality it overpriced tat
The OEM sensors are denso and denso is all we use as less problems out the packet and lasts properly .
You can test heater circuit with incandescent bulb . you want test heater element resistance in old and new sensor too .

• Like 1