Wrx knocking

andyx187

Started last night engine knocking then over heated car was only knocking at 3000rpm then got worst heated up again car noise knocking all the time losssd power and stalled re started

Got to a safe place left car any ideas

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Possible nothing todo with that, the knocking could be a number of things, however combined with the overheating I'd start with pressure testing the cylinders and possibly even the coolant system, then pray that the cam belt tensioner is knackered and it's just jumped a tooth.

Loud pipes save lives

Sounds like crank bearings. I have 2 here with the same sounding issues.

Is oil at top of dip stick? Has the car been driven fast wih low oil? Oil starvation issues?

If it's jumped a tooth on the cambelt you'll have 16 bent valves and possible knackered guides too?

A compression test should indicate that

Sounds like crank bearings. I have 2 here with the same sounding issues.
Is oil at top of dip stick? Has the car been driven fast wih low oil? Oil starvation issues?
If it's jumped a tooth on the cambelt you'll have 16 bent valves and possible knackered guides too?
A compression test should indicate that
I'm quite confident that you can get away with jumping one tooth, any more and yeah, definitely bent valves

Loud pipes save lives

9 hours ago, mattiekane said:

I'm quite confident that you can get away with jumping one tooth, any more and yeah, definitely bent valves

Loud pipes save lives

If it's jumped one tooth..... What will have stopped it jumping 2 or 3 or...…...

Luck, hopes an dreams, mind jumped one tooth, ran rough, over heated a little(caught it early) reset the timing and away she went, till the idler pulled out the block and it ate itself

Loud pipes save lives

Those damn aux belts did mine in, A/C tensioner came loose and the belt wrapped itself around the Camshaft sprockets under the timing belt. One VERY low compression motor resulted
Ouch[emoji85]

Loud pipes save lives