Why does the non turbo roll easier than the turbo

Bouncer

No need to be sorry seem's to have been a lot's of people apologizing for nothing Haha but at least that's a good thing I guess :) 

I will ask around it doesn't matter to me to be fair I have 225/35 around it's just the wall on one has gone so was ringing around looking at prices. And just said so if he's wrong I can tell him that was all :D 

I will have a ring around again tomorrow see what I can find out. 

+ 1 for the diff being wound up due to the different radius , I didn't spot the tyre size difference in the earlier post .As a friend of mine made his type r dccd clonk and clatter by putting odd size temporary wheels / tyres on while his rims were being refurbished (he only moved it off his driveway). My brv had a 330d bmw with different width tyres as oe , but the same profile /rolling radius all round .

Although I'm unsure of the legality ,I would have thought having different profile tyre's front and rear (even if their same size on each axle ) would have affected the handling even on a 2wd . unless it was designed that way, due to the different ride height front to rear than intended for the oe geometry up .

• Like 2

I fully understand with the diff thing it makes sense for me that it is putting unneeded strain on them. But the other thing I came across with no clear answer was. What tyres are best?

225/35 or the 225/40 the mixed review across the board is shocking :D But I did find a place online that will do a full set of medium grade Nankangs 225/40 X4 for £208 which I didn't think was bad at all ;) 

I been running 17 " with 215 45 kumos for the past 8k ,can't fault em as a medium priced/ compound tyre , as their soft enough to to be grippy but i haven't suffered from round about scrub (well not as much as the previous neros anyways ) Think I payed just under £400 for all 4 fitted .

Camskill and black circles are worth a look if you're gonna buy some off the net

• Like 1

Had a look at both those site's Camskills looks great site. Worth maybe giving them more credit on here. I might email them see if they will advertise discounts here anyway going off track again. I'm good at that even driving ;) 

I have 18" I paid nearly £500 in Jan for all four to be done and tracking at Savoys I wont use them again it, it was needs must as I was 3 months past my MOT  :unsure:

And I've had Kumos before I think their a great tyre to use I had no problem with them at all 

right, without getting anybody riled up i'll try and explain what i meant, i wasn't saying anybody was wrong i was just pointing out what i have learned over the years

4x4 vehicles are supposed to have equal tyre sizes all round

2wd vehicles can run different sizes front to back, Lamborghini have 11" fronts and 13/14" rears for example

the law states you cannot have different size tyres on the left to the right but there is no law be it 4x4 or 2wd front to back, the mot station may advise against it but they can't fail you for it

• Like 1