Plonkers

Ttdom

My cars faster!!!!!

anyone get really annoyed when some doughnut is constantly trying to tell you ther nanas aunts uncles cousins car is faster than yours? I have a subaru impreza r sport wagon, not massively fast but quick enough for a 2 tonne car lol but all I get from people is " I bet my friends bmw is faster", " my Audi is quicker than your car". I'm 30 bit to old for all that crap, I like my car I have wanted one for years and I have one and I'm happy with it, to be fair they wouldn't even know who mr mcrae was lol. Rant over thanks for listening, on a plus note some guy at work has a 1998 1ltr corsa and was trying to tell me his was quicker than mine, I left him by the time I hid 3rd gear.

• Like 3

Think most just tend to think it's a subaru it must be fast but there's much more to subaru than just speed .

I bet most bmws or fwd cars would struggle against a na awd scooby in the wet , snow or even down a twisty country lane .

Although I've owned a few turbo scoobies over the last decade or so and I've modded my v1sti half to death , I never get caught up in the "my cars faster " or "i don't like what you've done to your v1" crowd .

I bought and built it for me and did a build thread to hopefully encourage others to add their mark on their own scoobies .otherwise its Not for anyone elses benefit and I'm happy with it...

Well most of the time lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Subarus can be very fast, and yes given their possibly bigger engines and lack of transmission drag its quite likely some modern German machinery is faster still, but as said that isn't what Subarus are all about.

Where we gain is having cars that you can still accelerate away quickly and safely on slippery roads, and enjoy swift predictable handling in any weather on all sorts of surfaces without looking a complete twerp when 2WD cars are spinning screeching and scrabbling for grip unless treated with care, often the various traction systems having to cut in continually to keep the thing driveable in the wet,  we get none of that, a Subaru is composed and competent in poor weather, arguably that's when they really come into their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

unless you tell people it's a na ?

I dare say when they get in ,it they would expect "turbo performance" , so yeah that might be part of the reason   .

Lovely looking car though ,bud 👍

Still the low center of gravity boxer platform and awd make most scoobies capable cars in loose surface  conditions. 

Mine looks pretty much like a 26yr old standard scooby wrx sti on the outside but quite a different case under the bonnet,  so tend to have the opposite effect on unsuspecting passengers 😊

@Juddian  I fully agree that theres german and plenty of other newer machinery from other countries, that would give a scooby a run for its money. 

But few have the same soul of a scooby imo , my daily a4 20t petrol is very responsive and picks up much quicker than any scooby I've driven .

Although it's a good daily , it's too comfortable and easy to drive, its boring by comparison to my 1250 kg awd , non abs 26yr old classic 

• Like 1