yet another keyless entry problem (not battery related)

SDK

Hi, I hope I can get some help on this issue. I've searched other posts but nothing relates.

My keyless entry into outback 2010 has started failing to lock/unlock. Not always, but frequent enough to become very frustrating
I've replaced batteries and used multiple different keyless remotes.
A reason I don't think it is a keyless transmitter problem is because a number of times when I use the physical key to enter the car and then try and unlock all the doors using the central locking button on the drivers side door panel, nothing happens UNTIL after I start the car engine. Once the car is running, the central locking button works, then afterwards the keyless works (better, yet not perfect).
Car Battery is fully charged, and the car shows no sign of troubles starting.
The problem occurs in various locations, so that rules out local radio interference.

Potential bad wire connection somewhere?
Bad fuse?

any ideas are very welcome please
regards

Solved!
both remotes had broken/loose Battery terminal contacts. Perhaps their age, or the recent Battery changing broke them off (I'll be more gentle in the future). So the connection was loose and thus the sporadic success of pushing the buttons.

Quick solder and 100% success.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...