Gear stuck in second?

larry

Hey Guys Someone I know was shifting gears whilst going through high speed without engaging the clutch. He was telling me you can do that with Subaru's when revving higher?..

As he was doing it or slowing down it got stuck in second and does not dis-engage? The car is now stuck in second on his drive, the car does need a slave cylinder and is forged.

What potentially is the problem does anyone know?

Hes broke his gearbox probably theres a clutch for a reason,  hes probably broken a piece of one of the gears and its jammed it in 2nd, rebuild or replace the gearbox and start using his clutch 👌

11 minutes ago, larry said:

I think you might be right new gearbox and clutch is needed when he told me about shifting without using the clutch it did remind me when I use to drive my car the gear use to disengage because of needing a new gear box but i have never shifted without the use of a clutch lol 

Sounds like a £1000 job what do you think

Mine got stuck in 3rd when I broke my 5 speed , 3.5k ,hit full boost.....bang, clatter 🙁

I had to use both hand to get it outta 3rd ,then limp it home in 2nd and 4th while getting strange looks of passersby,  as the gearbox was rattling really loudly lol .

Ah it was abit scary, mine also got stuck and when you are using so much force to get it out that you think you might break something else

and the sound, people do say is that the sound this car should be making lol 

What do you reckon the cost to fix would be?

I bought a second hand two years back cost was £500 but mistake I made was not changing the clutch as it was already pressurized and the mechanic put

it all back together and by then it was to late to change the clutch as id be charged for the labour again. Any how I think he wants to get rid of the car as it is (needing a 

new gear box)

Defo agree with you on the clutch as it began crunching when I changed the box over. But it is always good to change the parts you have

mentioned as things wear and age and get damaged etc. Thanks for the advice bro