Newly joined forester

HuwSy

Hi. Just joined here and looking for advice and parts for a recently acquired 2000 Forester (SF). The rear offside trailing arm has snapped clean through being more rust than metal and the near side isn't much better. Is it still possible to get these anywhere in the UK? And looking underneath they may not be the only parts that now would be a good time to replace. Or is it going to be a case of having these imported or fabricated? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Wotcha and welcome - breakers may be an option or phoning a local subaru dealer - ICP may have something but check the website as they cover quite a few vehicles

They the same as the impreza arms so easily available new or used .

eBay and import car parts good places start looking .

here's some used forester ones for £35
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=forester+sf+trailing+arm&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=4

you can find them listed under impreza bit cheaper, worth having bolts as they save a few quid if yours junk .

Parts for the SF easily sourced and pretty cheap .

I found some Impreza ones in the end after being told they were the same although did have to cut the old bolts off as the heads were more dust than a socket could manage. All back together again earlier today.

2 hours ago, Siluro said:

Was there not a recall on these? I had my Hawk recalled and checked by Subaru, I am sure it was for the arms rusting.

It was front arms for recall but I do not recollect the SF forester had an issue or was included in the recall, SG was in the front control arm recall and done a few of them myself . .

Best proper fix for that was alloy arms off the XT or a STI .

• Thanks 1