Want to upgrade my exhaust

Putts

Hope you clever people can help. I want to upgrade my exhaust for a louder system. Do any of you know of a supplier for a cat back system or do you know if a different models system will fit on my 1998 2.0 Legacy GT-B? Thank you guys!

Can't help with crossover fitment, as I don't know much about the legacies tbh .

As for brand choice well there's quite a few to choose from ,pending on how loud you want it and what your budget is .

But generally a straight through center section (without resonators) will unleash a bit more noise from any aftermarket back box .

If you already have a aftermarket back box and don't want the expense of a full system .

4 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Can't help with crossover fitment, as I don't know much about the legacies tbh .

As for brand choice well there's quite a few to choose from ,pending on how loud you want it and what your budget is .

But generally a straight through center section (without resonators) will unleash a bit more noise from any aftermarket back box .

If you already have a aftermarket back box and don't want the expense of a full system .

That's great, thank you, bit of a minefield. Any particular brand you favour? I like a bit of noise!

33 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

You could see if there is a station near you and they will give exactly what you want

https://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

Straight through pipe option here

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_56&osCsid=eouuc930c7eidijfomoee3ucm4

Thanks Jay762, I'll have a look!!

I'd say listen to some vids of different exhausts online , I know cobra used to have some vids of their products fitted on their website and there's plenty of others on YouTube. 

I'd also say that future exhaust system mods could affect exhaust note and volume.  My old 5zigen cat back sounded just right at first but after fitting headers, uppipe and downpipe .. it was !Removed! brutal lol .

Miltek, prodrive and Haywood and Scott tend to be fairly quiet. 

Cobra do straight through ear bleeders to 3" trackday friendly stuff .

Rcm stuff is good quality but it comes at a price. 

Nur spec ,hks, fubitsu ect for jdm looks .

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 7:37 PM, savage bulldogs said:

I'd say listen to some vids of different exhausts online , I know cobra used to have some vids of their products fitted on their website and there's plenty of others on YouTube. 

I'd also say that future exhaust system mods could affect exhaust note and volume.  My old 5zigen cat back sounded just right at first but after fitting headers, uppipe and downpipe .. it was !Removed! brutal lol .

Miltek, prodrive and Haywood and Scott tend to be fairly quiet. 

Cobra do straight through ear bleeders to 3" trackday friendly stuff .

Rcm stuff is good quality but it comes at a price. 

Nur spec ,hks, fubitsu ect for jdm looks .

I've managed to find a custom place near me and hes going to build it straight on the car, chatted about the sound I wanted too and it seems he knows what hes talking about so leaving it in his hands. Very reasonable too I thought in comparison. Will let you know what it's like when it's done!

• Like 2