A/T Tyres For SG 2.0xt

Don Logan

Hi, following the other thread about changing my rear SLS and the very helpful answers from Mr. B, I thought I'd ask separately about A/T tyres and see if anyone had any recommendations. Likely to be Toyo Open Country A/T Plus or Yokohama Geolandar, £310 and £350 respectively, fitted, so wondered whether anyone had any opinions on these or any other recommendations?

And tyre size- Car is currently on the standard 215/60/16s and I'll be going up a tyre size along with fitting 20mm strut spacers all round. I've been looking at 215/65/16's but am wondering if going to 225/60/16 or 215/70/16 would be any better. Intended use is mainly road stuff but some greenlaning too, hence the A/Ts. Would the 225 width cause any issues with rubbing on full lock?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

you could go 225 65 16 which give a ground height gain around 17mm

215 65 16 gain about 10mm

215 70 16 gain about 21mm

I wouldn't go too big if 90% your time road and more so if do lot of better/faster road driving .

I think you will find size availability (not many and even less with H or better speed rating) and price limit choices .

I quite like toyo and have had open country on one of my foresters and they not a bad tyre and pretty good value .

radar renegade at5 get good remarks from couple farmer customers who have them .

225 should fit without rubbing but 225 75 16 would show up need for lift blocks and trailing link spacer on rear help them fit more central in arch .

• Thanks 1