Can anyone identify these heads?

I acquired these about a year ago under the impression that they are v3/4 STi heads.  The plan was to use them to convirt a twin-turbo Legacy to single-turbo.  Anyway the owner of the car had to pull out, the project was never started, and they have been sat in a corner ever since.

I recently offered them for sale as v3/4 STi heads and sent some photos to the potential buyer only to be told they are not what I though they were.  Neither myself or the garage that were looking to buy them know what they are, so the question is, does anyone know what they are from?

Adam.

001.jpg

004.jpg

• Like 1

they look the same as the v1 heads I recently refurbished, same early style cam cap bolts and (as said above) only the v1 /v2 cam covers have "4 cam 16 valve" on them . 

you could take one of the cams out and remove the hydraulic lifter out from under the cam lobe to check if it has removable shims (that sit on top of the valves) as far as im aware only v3 and v4 sti heads have these .all other versions have un removable shims attached to the underside of the lifters

• Like 2