Heating issue

I started out having a heating issue, my car heats up fine and doesnt overheat the heat in the car is fine for the first maybe 30 mins driving then it started blowing cold at 25c. If i turn the heat up towards 30c it gets warm again. I found a small leak on the small hose that connects to the rad fill neck. Ive replace that hose, filled the rad up and left header tank Cap off squeezed the rad hoses til i didnt see any bubbles and waited til the fans came on then went off. The bottom radiator hose still feel Cold however 😩 is it possible ive not waited long enough to get all the air out or am i looking at a thermostat issue?

thanks guys 

The thermostats don't often fail , so its probably a air lock .

I'd say its probably worth draining the coolant and refilling but if you do that you might as well chuck a new stat in while its empty .

Bear in mind that the rads do tend to crack near that hose that you replaced , so keep a eye in that area , just in case the plastic bits of the rad have a split somewhere 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Managed to change thermostat and coolant (when i was supposed to be working 🤫😂) seams to be fine now so it may have just been an air pocket when I removed a coolant hose for access when fitting inlet pipe ( left it off overnight by accident) old themostat looked ok no crud build up or anything just changed it anyway gonna boil the old one in water to see if it is faulty just so i know for reference