Buying a Levorg

GerryD

Hi Folks

After many years of looking I have finally decided to buy a Subaru.

I usually keep my cars for 5 years and the time is up for my Mini Countryman All4.

No complaints about the Mini but the new shape has got bigger and the Clubman is not practical with the double back doors.

I was interested in an Impreza but the 1.6 petrol looks to be underpowered.

I am a widower and I took early retirement so my car journeys will be from the East Midlands to Newcastle or to Surrey and Buckinghamshire to visit my kids and grandkids.

I use my (boxer engined) motorbikes and an E-Bike for most journeys so my car mileage will now be a third of when I commuted to work.

I can see that Levorg ownership is limited on here.

Buying a Subaru reminds me of when I owned a Saab in the 1980's. It is a niche brand with quality cars that have individuality.

I looked at several car brands before making my decision and the naturally aspirated petrol auto will do for me at this time. The nearest car to this was a Mazda CX30 but I did not like it as much as the Levorg.

If all falls in to place I may be able to collect a car as early as tomorrow (Thursday). I need to decide on colour - Red, Blue or silver? 

Any tips on this car or common Subaru motors I will benefit form?

Thanks

Gerry

Edited by GerryD
added to sentence

Wotcha and welcome - Unfortunately you are right we don't have as many Levorg owners on the forum as we would like, not sure why - maybe we could do with some targeted marketing on other social media platforms?

Keep us posted for my money it would be red or silver 🙂

I have a '17 Levorg 1.6 GT, it's my seventh Subaru. It's a very good car, very well put together and great to drive. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Collected brand new 2.0 GT yesterday afternoon from t.i.m motors in Nottingham.

Drove 175 miles to get the running in process underway.

Not tried the sport option yet.

Lots of tech to learn.

AutoBox and ‘eyesight’ system needs getting used to but quickly learning.

52128F3A-3778-4FA9-97B0-6C447075D1BA.jpeg

46F8EF44-FA20-4247-A73E-68FAFCFBBFED.jpeg

50E6FB8E-517F-4D29-A158-3E98E142D011.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome!

As Flat6 said, it is a very good car. In just over three years the only problem has been the tyre pressure sensors which required the dealer to reset them. This happened on the day I bought it and has been fine since (currently nudging 28,000 miles.)

I find it handles well and sport mode certainly sharpens up the response. It's also an effortless and capable cruiser: we've just got back from a long weekend in Norfolk and the boot swallowed all the clobber that the wife and two daughters seem to think we'll need for a short break without going above the load cover! Managed 45 mpg there and 37 mpg return (strong headwind today) at a steady 65 mph on the A14 / A11.

All new Subarus seem to have an issue with current draw on the security system, which is quite high at 70 mAh. If you're going to leave it for a couple of weeks or more it would be best to put it on a trickle charger or buy a jump pack.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!

4 hours ago, SebP10 said:

Welcome!

As Flat6 said, it is a very good car. In just over three years the only problem has been the tyre pressure sensors which required the dealer to reset them. This happened on the day I bought it and has been fine since (currently nudging 28,000 miles.)

I find it handles well and sport mode certainly sharpens up the response. It's also an effortless and capable cruiser: we've just got back from a long weekend in Norfolk and the boot swallowed all the clobber that the wife and two daughters seem to think we'll need for a short break without going above the load cover! Managed 45 mpg there and 37 mpg return (strong headwind today) at a steady 65 mph on the A14 / A11.

All new Subarus seem to have an issue with current draw on the security system, which is quite high at 70 mAh. If you're going to leave it for a couple of weeks or more it would be best to put it on a trickle charger or buy a jump pack.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!

Thanks SebP10

I am enjoying the car so far. 

I will keep an eye the electrics as it will not be daily drive now that I am retired. At least access to the Battery is easy for the trickle charger 👍

The car is a 2.0 non turbo and I can find very little information or reviews about the car with this engine.

Return trip from Nottingham to Newcastle 340 miles mostly A614/A1 gave 37 mpg.

I have not used the sport mode yet. I had a short drive through some twisty roads with a hairpin hill and was amazed by the handling and how the auto box coped.

• Like 1