Reversing/Backup Camera

Pyxis

It seems my rear parking aid camera has bitten the bullet, as it started going a bit foggy a few weeks ago, probably due to the very wet weather. Then it started flickering and now the screen is just black when shifting into reverse. I assume it’s a like for like swap, but I’m having real trouble locating a replacement camera in the UK. Has anyone experienced this before and any ideas of where to seek a replacement? Many thanks...

Yeah there’s load of aftermarket ones but I assume this needs to be a direct replacement to fit the exact mounting where the factory-installed one sits. A like for like replacement would perfect but I’ve only found a couple of used ones on eBay and they’re looking at £100-£150+ with no guarantee that they will last.

Just to confirm this is the factory fitted Subaru (possibly Clarion make?) rear camera that’s broken. My Legacy is a 2012 tourer boxer diesel. Cheers 👍

Yes I definitely will be doing, it’ll be a weekend job though when time permits! I think if you look closely there’s moisture on the inner of the lens so I’m thinking the damp or water has got to it...