Front Subframe

YORKY

Hi,

Where can I buy new subframe parts as mine are badly corroded ?  Are the retaining bolts a Subaru part ?  Also the sump has a rusty patch which will eventually leak.  Where is the best place to buy one ?

Cheers Jim

We get genuine sumps from ICP, they about 40 to £50, you should get some club discount with them.
https://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=6403&cat=96&sub=494&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

You need lift engine slightly fit in car, will need quality sealant and applied properly to avoid leaks or problems from excess sealant .

Front frame assembly can be sourced A1 condition used  and pretty easy fit if don't break any mounting bolts or captive nut plates (plenty penetrant in advance big help) .
eBay a good source or good breaker .

the bolts are all available as subaru parts ...
I assume you referring to the C frame rather than the subframe that the engine mounts on ?
either can be sourced used, C frame is most common for corrosion .
Sump can be fairly common too, we done an engine swap late last year as owner had avoided getting a sump at a heavy final cost ...

Thanks MrB for the prompt reply.  Will the supplier for the sump also do the C frame and does the sump come with a gasket?  I assume new frame parts are unavailable.   My car is a 2004 2.0X.

Cheers Jim 

the C frame available (ICP may have it stocked) but as prices for like new used been far cheaper we never went new route as most customers wouldn't pay it .

The sump doesn't come with gasket as uses sealant from factory and that how you redo it, subaru do sealant but it crazy priced and plenty good sealants available from motor factors or online.
Most people who not done professional work or made effort learn sensible application of sealant make a right mess, even to point excess sealant that come out of joint on inside ends up in oil galleries or blocks sump oil pickup killing the engine.
I've seen so many awful applications of sealant I like highlight the issue in hope people learn a bit more on usage technique and take a little more care doing it .
I do believe SSM has some instructions on sealant application, I will upload it if can tomorrow .