Multi-function display fault.

Stephen Dalton

I have recently returned to the fold with a 2011 Outback diesel manual with 110,000 miles.  The multi-function display went on the blink and has now ceased to function.  Is this a known fault?  Easy to fix?  Fuse?  It coincided with the remote key packing up.  Any connection between the two?  Early days but am looking forward to a long-term relationship with the car.  Many thanks.  Stephen.

It appears that if you place a key-remote from another car in close proximity then that can "corrupt" the signal from the Subaru Outback key.  I placed my wife's Skoda's remote on the same ring as my Subaru key which was then disabled.  The Skoda key was removed and within a day the Outback's remote revived itself and now works perfectly.  Also, the multi-function display has come back to life concurrently so it seems the two items are inter-related.  Weird but there you are.  Thank you all for all your comments and theories - oh, wait, there were none ...