New Levorg owner

Hi.

Thanks for letting me join. I have been making my mind up on a new car for a little while now. I saw a pre-registered Levorg with 15 miles on the clock at over £10k below list price. Once I had a test drive I was hooked. I have done 1,000 miles in it so far and love the car. I had a new Audi A6 auto in the past and find the Levorg a far nicer car to drive. It is extremely smooth and quiet. I hope to keep it a while,so fingers crossed there isn't any CVT issues. At least it has a 5 year warranty.

Andy

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Welcome and nice car choice there, excellent colur which won't age like some (very similar to our Forester), bargain too, well played.

Mate of mine really wanted the used Levorg he test drove at the local dealership couple of years ago, which wouldn't budge one inch on the well overprice, he instead found a bargain priced A4 Diesel estate...my suggestion the Subaru because he really wanted something a bit different.

Hope you get an enjoyable ownership experience.

2 minutes ago, Judd said:

Welcome and nice car choice there, excellent colur which won't age like some (very similar to our Forester), bargain too, well played.

Mate of mine really wanted the used Levorg he test drove at the local dealership couple of years ago, which wouldn't budge one inch on the well overprice, he instead found a bargain priced A4 Diesel estate...my suggestion the Subaru because he really wanted something a bit different.

Hope you get an enjoyable ownership experience.

Thanks, hopefully it will be trouble free. It was the price that attracted me. One of the large car supermarket groups had 13 of them across the country for under £24k all with delivery mileage. I guess Subaru dumped a load of unsold units to the car supermarket chain rather than them going through the dealer network to try and save killing the prices at the dealers.

3 hours ago, Judd said:

Fantastic bargain.

Do you have a good Subaru dealer to keep it serviced for you, at least during the warranty period?

There is one near Scunthorpe (Richtoy) which is the nearest or (Europa Subaru) Sheffield. Richtoy have 5* reviews but mainly for sales. I can't find any reviews for Europa Sheffield. Guess I will give Richtoy a try when the first service is due. 

I was a bit surprised to find the oil change is at 10,000 miles and the service 12,000 or 12 months. It will be OK for the first service which will be at 12 months but I will do more than 10,000 a year. Has anybody done their own oil change with approved parts and kept their warranty? Not sure if Subaru would try to use doing this as a get out clause if you had to make a claim.

Thanks

Andy

Not my first Subaru.

I have just retrieved an old photo of my first Subaru. A 1.6 GFT coupe taken in 1981. About as rare as a Levorg at the time. Thankfully the blonde on the bonnet lasted longer than the car. We have been married for 38 years. 😊

Subaru GFT.jpg

• Like 3

If i may say so you have excellent taste, a lovely wholesome looking lady and an equally rare car, chapeau.

Congratulations on such a long marriage.

As for servicing, i used to fit an in between oil change into my Hilux when it was still under warranty, but can't say as i've come across such an odd thing as the difference between your oil change and service intervals, suggest you submit the car at 10k and just let them bring the normal service intervals forward 2k, you could always do as i did and slip an oil change in yourself at half way point, you might find the genuine oil bought over the counter to do this isn't that expensive, circa £15 for 5 litres at Toyota in 2008, but they'd charge something like £80 for 7.5 litres of the same oil at service time!

Might be interesting to get some quotes for servicing from the various dealers and make your plans, there can be large cost differences,  some rural dealers of other makes can be much cheaper for servicing but i have no idea if this applies to Subaru, if this is the case it might be worth getting it done in another part of the country and make it part of a trip, business or pleasure.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AndyLevorg said:

I was a bit surprised to find the oil change is at 10,000 miles and the service 12,000 or 12 months. 

Are you sure about this? According to my service book (2017 1.6 turbo), the oil interval for the normally aspirated 2.0 is 12000 miles/12 months, and for the turbo 1.6 it's 10000 miles. My dealer (Keith Price, Abergavenny) is happy for me to do interim oil changes myself as long as I take it to them once a year. The bill for the annual service has been around £235. 

2 hours ago, flat6 said:

Are you sure about this? According to my service book (2017 1.6 turbo), the oil interval for the normally aspirated 2.0 is 12000 miles/12 months, and for the turbo 1.6 it's 10000 miles. My dealer (Keith Price, Abergavenny) is happy for me to do interim oil changes myself as long as I take it to them once a year. The bill for the annual service has been around £235. 

I will double check when I get home, but sure it was 10k for the oil change. I will let you know

6 hours ago, AndyLevorg said:

I will double check when I get home, but sure it was 10k for the oil change. I will let you know

9 hours ago, flat6 said:

I have checked my service book and handbook. My mistake it is 10k miles or 12 months whichever is comes first in the Service book. However my owners manual states 9k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Confusing or what, not sure which is correct...

2083725038_2021-06-2218_20_13.jpg

1563016575_2021-06-2218_48_37.jpg