Speed warning

Sarahfrench

Hi all

I’ve got a XV e-boxer is there anyway on the sat-nav I can turn on a speed warning if I go over the Speed limit? , Even if the speed limit icon flashed or changed to warn me? It’s a great car and even my old Skoda Yeti would let me know if I went over the speed limit.

22 hours ago, Sarahfrench said:

Hi all

I’ve got a XV e-boxer is there anyway on the sat-nav I can turn on a speed warning if I go over the Speed limit? , Even if the speed limit icon flashed or changed to warn me? It’s a great car and even my old Skoda Yeti would let me know if I went over the speed limit.

I'm coming directly from a Skoda Yeti too, and I don't think there's an equivalent system on the Outback that I can find.  Likewise, the trip meter on the Yeti allowed me to stop (for up to 2 hours) the car and, for example, refuel and grab a coffee as part of a single trip without resetting itself in distance or time travelled (driving).  Not the same on the OB.  Sometimes Skoda really is 'simply clever' 😉

5 minutes ago, Justin Time said:

I'm coming directly from a Skoda Yeti too, and I don't think there's an equivalent system on the Outback that I can find.  Likewise, the trip meter on the Yeti allowed me to stop (for up to 2 hours) the car and, for example, refuel and grab a coffee as part of a single trip without resetting itself in distance or time travelled (driving).  Not the same on the OB.  Sometimes Skoda really is 'simply clever' 😉

On 8/10/2021 at 1:11 PM, Sarahfrench said:

Hi all

When I bought my car I couldn't find a premium. I have a TomTom sat nav with speed camera warnings and I rely on that to warn me if I wander over the limit 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brack said:

Sorry, dont know if there is a speed function or not on your xv - my Garmin 56 Dash Cam does the job for me though.  

Brack, I thought about getting a dash cam.  Does your car have Eyesight, and if so, where do you position the camera?

2 hours ago, Justin Time said:

Brack, I thought about getting a dash cam.  Does your car have Eyesight, and if so, where do you position the camera?

Hi Justin, my dash cam is just an aftermarket purchase -  it has some useful features see link  https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/667391.

My car doesn't have eyesight, I mounted it just below the rear view mirror like in the photo in the link (amazing how small they are for what they do). 

Cheers 

Edited by Brack
No Eyesight added.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Brack said:

Hi Justin, my dash cam is just an aftermarket purchase -  it has some useful features see link  https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/667391.

My car doesn't have eyesight, I mounted it just below the rear view mirror like in the photo in the link (amazing how small they are for what they do). 

Cheers 

Therein lies the problem, cars with eyesight are very restricted on where accessories can be fitted. I've got my satnav tucked down the right hand corner of the dash. 

3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Therein lies the problem, cars with eyesight are very restricted on where accessories can be fitted. I've got my satnav tucked down the right hand corner of the dash. 

Yeah, thats where I have my sat nav down in the corner. Just looked it up about dash cams and  eyesight and came across this https://dashcameras.net/dash-cam-subaru-eyesight/ The one I have is only small so might be ok. 

And yet Subaru Japan do sell a dash cam as an accessory! Subaru Japan Dash Cam link  Sorry, my Japanese isn't quite polished enough to explain all of this ( 🙂 ), and I can't see the cam's model details either.  However, looks like it also works on the rear (and is that using the car's reversing rear camera?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justin Time said:

And yet Subaru Japan do sell a dash cam as an accessory! Subaru Japan Dash Cam link  Sorry, my Japanese isn't quite polished enough to explain all of this ( 🙂 ), and I can't see the cam's model details either.  However, looks like it also works on the rear (and is that using the car's reversing rear camera?).

Dont know why Subaru didnt just build one in as standard on newer models, the cam in the link doesn't mention a speed limit warning as the OP wanted (maybe it has, who knows) but it does look neater. Yes it says it uses the reversing camera to record too (only forward recording on the Legacy ).