Possible subie member inbound!

Jinshim

Hi all!

Getting my possible early greetings in.

Looking at a 2012 WRX STI 340R on Tuesday, super excited to get a viewing and possible buy.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking out for?

Thanks 

Nick :)

Wotcha and welcome - That is quite the motor you are looking at, keep us posted and feel free to share photos 😍

Look for usual stuff, service history etc.

Also check for clunks from the front suspension when reversing slowly and stopping or driving forward slowly and stopping - That will be the top hats

Rear arches have a lip that dirt / mud sits on so rust can start there. Dirt can also sit inside the rear of the sills so have a good prod around the lower front of the arch, rear jacking point.

The panels are thin, run your hand over the roof and feel for small dents - if it has been parked under a tree things dropped can do minor damage. Same if someone has lent against the rear quarter by the rear window that can be pushed in - easy fix but you need to get the interior panels off.

Interior trim paint is thin so switch panels in the door cards and where you close the door can be knocked about - again only cosmetic but its a haggling point. driver door panel arm rest bit to the rear can be loose if someone has lent too hard on it and broken the plastic mount underneath 

7 hours ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - That is quite the motor you are looking at, keep us posted and feel free to share photos 😍

Look for usual stuff, service history etc.

Also check for clunks from the front suspension when reversing slowly and stopping or driving forward slowly and stopping - That will be the top hats

Rear arches have a lip that dirt / mud sits on so rust can start there. Dirt can also sit inside the rear of the sills so have a good prod around the lower front of the arch, rear jacking point.

The panels are thin, run your hand over the roof and feel for small dents - if it has been parked under a tree things dropped can do minor damage. Same if someone has lent against the rear quarter by the rear window that can be pushed in - easy fix but you need to get the interior panels off.

Interior trim paint is thin so switch panels in the door cards and where you close the door can be knocked about - again only cosmetic but its a haggling point. driver door panel arm rest bit to the rear can be loose if someone has lent too hard on it and broken the plastic mount underneath 

Super helpful stuff thanks for all of that! MOT and service history look super clean so far so fingers crossed, if the deed is done I'll be sending lots of photos 😉

• Like 1

I'm now an official scooby owner!

Will get some pics in the morning as the weather is all **** and dark now but it was such an enjoyable drive home! The transmission was soooo much smoother than my Z ever was! 

Looking forward to delving into the scooby world even deeper now!

• Like 1