Best way to clean a MAF sensor?

dott_92

The cars started pulling back when i put my foot down, dont really want to fork out £405+vat for a new MAFsensor, does anyone know the best way to clean one of these, will brake cleaner do the job? Ohh and how on earth do you put pictures into your gallery, do they need to be put onto the main one to appear in there?

As the video say's don't use anything that leaves a residue should be able to pick something up from the auto shops. And a think paint brush the artist kind :D but just lightly as you can do more damage to these as I have found myself before :)

you could try and find a second hand one cheaper but the problems with that are you can't guarantee it'll be ok and being a newer car there won't be many about unless it's a high end breakers, as such it'll warrant a high end price

another option is get it mapped to run mafless

• Like 1

oh and if you have an after market filter make sure it's not over oiled, a light dusting of oil is usually enough, too much and it sticks to the maf wire and causes issues

• Like 1

I was going to get it mapped anyway, would that work if cleaning doesnt fix it? Yeah thats the problem, really difficult to get hold of one, had to ring main dealers & second hand ones might just be a waste of money, tricky tricky.