castrol magnatec 10w-40 part synthetic

bazza

oohhh  :(  its a 1994 ..i did check with the staff in Halfords and they checked on computer that this is correct oil..should i take it back and change it for the same but fully synthetic

just been looking on Halfords web site and cant see 10w40 castrol magnatec fully synthetic if anyone has the time to look can they pop a link here showing oil i need from Halfords as i am going to return the part synthetic for fully synthetic

thanx guys  

This is Castrols own recommendations

Edge fully synth 5W-40 or Magnatec 10W-40 A3/B4

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectionbodycopy.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7073092

Magnatec 10W-40 A3/B4 is part synth

You should have no problems with it - as long as the oil meets the recognised standards like API or JASO etc and is the recommended weight it will be fine

thumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gif

This is Castrols own recommendations

Edge fully synth 5W-40 or Magnatec 10W-40 A3/B4

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectionbodycopy.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7073092

Magnatec 10W-40 A3/B4 is part synth

You should have no problems with it - as long as the oil meets the recognised standards like API or JASO etc and is the recommended weight it will be fine

thumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gifthumbs.gif

thanx jay just checked it meets A3/B4  and is api standards i will go ahead and use this thanx

Was on another forum and this topic came up apparently part synth is different to semi synth as it is a mixture of fully synth and some semi synth

Learn something new every day. I never knew that :D

That's why I like these sorts of forums

• Like 1