Exhaust system

BoofleGem

Finally found out what my engine management light was on for. It's the catalyst convertor that is the issue. It,s giving too many emissions out, sensor has been tested and that was fine. The fault code was P0420.

So I either need a new CAT or buy a new full exhaust system.

Anybody know best place to get either and rough prices. I,ve looked myself but not 100% sure I know what I!me looking for LOL

Obviously this is all dependant on your budget and breakers will be more cost effective but may not last as long

here is a new option that removes one cat and should last you the time of ownership

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_54&products_id=2059

This is potentially a cheaper option but I would touch base with them to confirm fitment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-Sport-GL-GX-Non-Turbo-94-05-Cobra-Sports-Cat-Exhaust-SU57-/130592900048?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e67f183d0

Another example great quality but I would struggle myself with this one seems ott and possibly a mistake, could be worth confirming as it may be £199.99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-GDA-GDB-NON-TURBO-STAINLESS-STEEL-SPORTS-CAT-EXHAUST-CENTRE-PIPE-/230995089770?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru|Model%3AImpreza&hash=item35c861596a

This place has one being broken that might have the part. They say they will fit it too but it's Manchester. So take P&P into account with postage and the cost of what they will sell it for + someone to fit it. :)

Sorry does mean you will need to ring about with breakers then find someone to fit it too. And like Jay says there is a small chance parts don't work :( But think most things are good as long as it's a non moving part :) 

Dion Wild
Unit 3
641 - 651 Liverpool Road
Irlam
Greater Manchester
M45 7FB
United Kingdom
Phone:01612589930
Email:info@mcrtransport.co.uk

Give these a ring will need to ask if they will post and if they still have the part :(

(01236 421180)

shahid chaudhary

northburn industrial estate
ml5 2hy coatbridge, North Lanarkshire
UK
Phone:01236 421180
Email:autopartscoatbridge@gmail.com

Another breakers yard with one in 

ZAC ZAC
UNIT 11 WHITEHALL IND PARK, WHITEHALL RD
GREAT BRIDGE TIPTON WEST MIDLANDS
WEST MIDLANDS
West Midlands
DY4 7JY
United Kingdom
Phone:0121|5224000
Email:motorsalvagedirect@hotmail.com

Best give them a ring and see if they have cat's and will post I'm sure they will. 
But let us know will see what else we can do if not :)

As long as you want the decat and can get it through an MOT without it on. That's a good price. It's the Cat that costs the most.

But if that can't be done I'd say getting one from a breakers yard posted and fitting would cost about the same as a rough guess. 

How well do you know the MOT tester ?

if you do go decat option make sure you can get it passed the mot with it at your usual tester or ask around others see if they will let it slide, but most importantly fit a lambda spacer as the stronger gasses will make the car run worse than it is now as the ecu won't know the cats missing