engine woes

Bern

2010 Legacy diesel with 150k on clock.running like a dream ,oil change every 5k.

Just the other weekend it decided to lock up on the A14 near Kettering .I dipped the oil

at the time and it was way way over.The engine is now on the bench, after draining 11ltrs of

oil/diesel mix [this is after recent oil change]

The first question is ,how come so much diesel in such a short time [dpf is clean,as are the

inlet tracts]secondly if push comes to shove would an earlier engine with a metal induction

housing fit my Shell and would my plastic manifold fit said earlier lump.

I know that crank kits are available, but if other components are ruined ,second hand lumps are the option.

All suggestions accepted gratefully.

Bernie.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 1:59 PM, Bern said:

2010 Legacy diesel with 150k on clock.running like a dream ,oil change every 5k.

Just the other weekend it decided to lock up on the A14 near Kettering .I dipped the oil

at the time and it was way way over.The engine is now on the bench, after draining 11ltrs of

The first question is ,how come so much diesel in such a short time [dpf is clean,as are the

inlet tracts]secondly if push comes to shove would an earlier engine with a metal induction

housing fit my shell and would my plastic manifold fit said earlier lump.

I know that crank kits are available, but if other components are ruined ,second hand lumps are the option.

Bernie.

On 9/8/2022 at 1:59 PM, Bern said:

housing fit my shell and would my plastic manifold fit said earlier lump.

Bernie.

Just opened up the block..no bearing failure but the crank has snapped  ,taking most of the main bearing supports with it..new or used lump time.