Catalytic converter anti-theft device?

There's been a spate of thefts of ccs in my region recently.  I've seen a bunch of steel shields to cover ccs on the web claiming to provide some level protection.  Anyone got any ideas how best to deter or at least flummox the thieving blighters ?

Several of us with Landcruisers bought replacement steel sump guards from a Romanian company, because the OE plates on our 120 series were made of cheese and rotted away.

The company make steel sump guards for Foresters and XVs, whether they offer them for Outbacks i don't know, but worth having a poke nose on their site and/or dropping them an email, whether one would cover the cats adequately i don't know, but as the plates are made of 2.5/3mm steel it might be feasable to weld an extra section on to cover the cat.

https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/

If you have any joy, note they come pre painted but the paint isn't great in all honesty, i'd advise giving the plate a good coat with some tough paint before fitting.

razor wire around the cats would do the job but if some low life pricked a finger attempting to steal them it would probably be you who ended up getting charged in the lunatic asylum that our country has become.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Judd said:

Several of us with Landcruisers bought replacement steel sump guards from a Romanian company, because the OE plates on our 120 series were made of cheese and rotted away.

The company make steel sump guards for Foresters and XVs, whether they offer them for Outbacks i don't know, but worth having a poke nose on their site and/or dropping them an email, whether one would cover the cats adequately i don't know, but as the plates are made of 2.5/3mm steel it might be feasable to weld an extra section on to cover the cat.

https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/

If you have any joy, note they come pre painted but the paint isn't great in all honesty, i'd advise giving the plate a good coat with some tough paint before fitting.

razor wire around the cats would do the job but if some low life pricked a finger attempting to steal them it would probably be you who ended up getting charged in the lunatic asylum that our country has become.

Thanks.  I'll have a butchers. Like the razor wire idea though 🙂