Engine Surge ???

Well ive not ruled out that either, i sent the 1st one back in case it was dodgy, im waiting for the new one to turn up any day now, may as well stick it in, got nothing to loose by trying it ey ?

Do you think a quick ecu reset would be advisable, or just shove it in and give it a day or 2 ?

They recon theyve tested the fuel pressure mate but yes i think its fuel related, ive put a new filter in, wheres the sender unit ? And is it easy to clean ? The fuel that came out of the old filter was like mud !! As for the injectors, there a bit noisy but have had load of cleaner through them.

Cheers Jay, this is very true !! Going back to garage tomorrow so will put all these next ideas to the guys with the tools. I wouldnt care but it runs really well, but power coming and going when lightly on throttle is doing my head in, is it too much to ask for her to run smoooooooth ??? :-(

Well another afternoon spent with the guys in the know ( or dont know as the case may be ). Still no further forward other than they have agreed to offset the price of the ecu i didnt need against a temp sensor sender, a decat pipe and a new mot seems as theres only a month left on her. Cant all be bad ey and if that doesnt cure it at least itl have a few more G G's under the hood ;-)

No mate, nothing shows up apparently. They said theres one or two things that dont run through the ecu ???? These are being tried on tues. And just in case its a cat blocking up there fitting a decat and a temp sensor. To be honest i think their running out of ideas.

When they fit the other ecu they said it stopped doing it, but its obviously learned the problem as it was still doing it when u picked it up, and possibly slightly worse if anything.

Well heres the latest. Car back from garage tonight now with temp sensor changed and decat pipe, and yes its stil doing it. The guys in the garage recon its running really lean ! They said that twice now theyve had the lambda sensor out ( once to try another in case faulty, & today when fitting decat ) and both times its come out white ! And apparently on scooby's they say there usually black ? And that their bet is on the maf.

Now this was the first thing i changed on the car with a new one, admittedly a non gen, and it was no different apart from the car not idling after 24hrs, on replacing the old one again she resumed normal tickover. Ive sent the maf back in case its faulty & am waiting for the replacement to arrive, but their telling me non gen are crap and not to touch.

Any views and ideas on the lean running and non gen maf greatly appreciated guys.

A

Any views abd thoughts on this

Is there anything else that would cause a lean mixture, or is that purely down to the maf ?

Ive spent so much money on wasted probable causes that im giving serious thought to selling her and buying another ! I really dont want to waste another £100+ on a gen maf if it could be something else.