Anyting new about 1.6 Turbo Boxer?

Hi dear friend, as we know, in 2011 Tokyo Motor Show, Subaru displayed 1.6 boxer with turbo. But in this long period we never heard anything about this engine.

Furthermore we don't know anything abuot engine's techincal specifications.

is anyone there information about this engine?

For detailed pics:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?s=d142c1d3f51aea2a023733da713b5236&attachmentid=3134&d=1322698094

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?s=d142c1d3f51aea2a023733da713b5236&attachmentid=3136&d=1322698094

Rally not so important, if Subaru began product this engines most propably they will start using this engines for EU cars.
EU norms shows that we have to use downsiezed engines with turbo.

Ford, Wv and other German daltons (Bmw, Merc, Audi) investing on small engines with turbo. But japans still working with natural aspirated engines. ex: Mazda Skyavtive. Diffirencies between natural aspirated with turbo becaming huge. We clearly see that japans can keep up this.

İ'm agree with you, Rally died. if no Subaru, no Mitsubishi, no Toyota no one can say anything about Rally.

But Iconic rally pilots passed or retired, even if Subaru return this event, it won't be the same as 2000's. İmagine a rally without; Richard Burns, Colin McRae, Peter Solberg, Tommi Makinen. They are still iconic heroes. in that time Subaru or Evo posters hanging up youngs walls. But now Rally lose it's attractiveness. no competiton, no iconic car, no iconic pilot, just cars runnung on dust :D

But Subaru doing great jobs in Rally America, it's seems enough for Subaru.

8 championship winners:

7 Subaru

1 Mitsubishi

i wan't this turbo engine for Subaru xv 1.6, Rally not so important :D

I know exactly what you mean for me the FIA killed the sport from the inside.

I still watch the sport but only highlights on youtube now. I don't mean this out of disrespect but Sebastien Loeb can lay claim to being the world's best with 7 titles I doubt he would have done that if the sport had been how it was with the above drivers and car's. Don't get me wrong I'm sure his name would have been there with them, but doubt he would have ever got 7 titles. 

But going back to the Rally if Subaru make a come back Mitsubishi Toyota might also make a come back and might help make the sport be good again. 

And yep I watch Rally America too but again only on you tube I've never seen it being shown on UK Tv :( 

I remember seeing the engine a while back.  I think they also plan to introduce, or have already introduced, a 2.0 version of the same engine.  The feature I like the most is the front mounted turbo...  That should keep the lag down!

I have been out of the Subaru game for a while now, but the last I heard (over a year ago) Subaru were looking to get as far away from the performance car image as they could.  A guy I know was looking to take over a local Subaru franchise but when he heard their future road-map for the UK he walked away.  Don't expect to see a return to the dirt any time soon.

• Like 1

Actually i understand nature of World Rally, iconic makers changes time to time;

70's Ford, Opel, Audi

80's Audi, Peugeot, Lancia

90's Toyota, Subaru, Mitsu

00's  Peugeot's reign :)

But its like boxing: Between 1960-75 whole world watching big fights, Very important figures in this time; M. Ali, G.Foreman, J, Frazier, H. Cooper, but after 1980 it's lost it's importance, i think same thing happend in rally. Lost it's significance. i'm in doubt that it will be gain it's importance again.

I remember seeing the engine a while back.  I think they also plan to introduce, or have already introduced, a 2.0 version of the same engine.  The feature I like the most is the front mounted turbo...  That should keep the lag down!

Thats great,

is this 2.0 engine which will be used in 2014 wrx sti?

I have been out of the Subaru game for a while now, but the last I heard (over a year ago) Subaru were looking to get as far away from the performance car image as they could.  A guy I know was looking to take over a local Subaru franchise but when he heard their future road-map for the UK he walked away.  Don't expect to see a return to the dirt any time soon.

:( shame I think it's one of the reason's Subaru has failed to sell so many cars here :( And really did hope before long the rumors of a return was going to be soon. 

I grew up with boxing, used to stay up and watch it with my Dad from a very young age, he was a semi pro. So I guess I was always going to end up watching it :D again another sport that has gone down hill a bit but can't really say in the same way as Rally has, you still have the big fights and a few top fighters with new challengers just the fight's don't seem to come around as much once a year might get 2 big fights. I think it's more to do with the money and big pay days now. Unlike the years you said. And the 80's was still fantastic time for boxing ;) 

I'd have said it was around the end of the 90's when boxing started to decline :( 

I grew up with boxing, used to stay up and watch it with my Dad from a very young age, he was a semi pro. So I guess I was always going to end up watching it :D again another sport that has gone down hill a bit but can't really say in the same way as Rally has, you still have the big fights and a few top fighters with new challengers just the fight's don't seem to come around as much once a year might get 2 big fights. I think it's more to do with the money and big pay days now. Unlike the years you said. And the 80's was still fantastic time for boxing ;) 

I'd have said it was around the end of the 90's when boxing started to decline :( 

Boxer father! you are lucky, propably when you was a child, no one dare to bother you :D boxing is great (as long as far away from ring :D ) rally too. This two maybe diffirent sport branch but share same destiny. Boxing little bit lucky.

What a conversation, we start with 1.6 turbo, Rally, boxing, your childhood :D

Well I still had my fair share of a crap childhood maybe more then most. Nothing to do with my dad he was a top bloke and couldn't have asked for a better Father and role model :D That's enough of me boring people with that anyway ;)

And just the way conversation go on here. :D

Now get a movie clip posted ;)

Only this but is dated 2008 but the rumors all point to a 2014 return if it's true 

http://www.carnecks.com/cars/subaru/77-subaru-could-be-back-in-wrc-for-2014.html

The decision to can Subaru’s WRC programme was taken in Japan on Saturday evening (13 December) - just days after the team’s entry for the 2009 WRC series was submitted to the FIA.

The decision was taken by Subaru’s parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI), partly as a result of the economic downturn but also because it was felt Subaru had achieved its sporting and marketing objectives.

At a press conference in Tokyo this morning the president of FHI, Mr Ikuo Mori, underlined the reasons for the withdrawal, saying: “We have achieved our initial objective to improve the brand recognition. And also given the unprecedented economic situation deterioration, it was necessary to review our investments. These are the main reasons.”

Mori said there was a desire within FHI to see Subaru back in the WRC but this was unlikely to happen in the short term. “If we can be allowed, we want to continue - especially for the fans,” he said. “The possibility of a Subaru car back in the top category of WRC in the future is not zero, however for this moment there can be no assumption of a comeback.

“Reaching the decision has been an extremely difficult task, not least because of the countless Subaru fans that have supported our cars for so many years. We would like to express our sincere appreciation for our fans' strong and loyal support worldwide. They will remain an invaluable treasure for us,” he added.

Mori denied that alterations to the WRC technical regulations in 2010 or a rumoured deterioration in the working relationship with Prodrive had any impact on the decision. Prodrive representatives flew to Japan this morning to begin the process of winding up the contract, which was due to expire at the end of 2009.

A statement issued today by FHI read: “FHI has participated in the WRC together with Prodrive over the past 19 years to pursue its goal and philosophy in motor sports activities to enhance Subaru brand awareness by showing that Subaru vehicles offer safe, comfortable and pleasurable driving no matter the weather or road conditions, featuring Horizontally-Opposed engine and the Symmetrical All-Wheel drive system as its core technologies, and to transfer results of race-tested technical improvements into Subaru passenger vehicles.

“FHI considers it has achieved its original target in WRC participation. However, while considering positioning the WRC activity in Subaru branding strategy towards the future, our business environment has been dramatically changed due to the quick deterioration of the global economy. In order to optimize the management resources and to strengthen further the Subaru brand, FHI decided to withdraw from WRC activities at the earliest timing.”

Thanks for your Share Gambit.

Antoher News About 1.6 turbo. old 2011.

Subaru will reportedly introduce two more engines in 2012,
introducing a new turbocharged 1.6 litre unit and adding a turbo to the recently-launched 2.0 litre boxer engine.

According to US magazine Car & Driver, both engines will benefit from direct injection - absent from the new naturally-aspirated 'FB' engine.

Subaru's combination of direct injection and turbocharging - similar to Ford's EcoBoost technology - forms part of the carmaker's plan to achieve a 30 percent improvement in fuel consumption across its line-up by 2015.

The company's high-powered STI line-up appears safe also:
the report adds that a 225kW version of the 'new' turbocharged 2.0 litre
engine will headline the next generation of Subaru performers.

With the current WRX STI managing 221kW, expect Subaru to screw significantly more out of the new engine - if only as a special top-shelf offering.

Whether a turbo engine will make its way into the BRZ coupe is unclear. So far, Subaru and Toyota have deftly danced around suggestions of an eventual boosted offering.

The number of Subaru models featuring its Lineartronic CVT
transmission will reportedly increase, with different versions developed
to suit higher torque levels (meaning the next auto-equipped STI might
be more appealing).

Expect improved aerodynamics and
lightweight construction to play a part in Subaru's fuel economy
campaign, particularly with (almost) all of its models 'burdened' with
the extra weight of an all-wheel-drive configuration. Lighter materials
and high-strength steels will play a big role here.

Subaru
has also confirmed in recent months that a hybrid model will join
Subaru's line-up in 2013. Dtails on this model are thin on the ground,
but it is possible that we may see an updated production version of the Hybrid Tourer Concept revealed in 2009.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52545/subaru-targeting-efficiency-with-new-20-and-16-boxer-engines-report

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

SUBARU TOURER CONCEPT TO DEBUT AT TOKYO MOTOR SHOW

• Subaru ‘Levorg’ tourer concept makes world premiere

• Cross Sport Design and Crossover 7 concept cars also on show

• Exhibit of new 1.6-litre Boxer engine with direct injection turbo technology

400.jpg

The Subaru Levorg concept will make its world premiere at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday 20 November.

The Levorg concept hints at a new vehicle currently under development for market launch in Japan in 2014.  The name ‘Levorg’ comes from a combination of the words ‘Legacy’, ‘Revolution’ and ‘Touring’, and the concept will blend the practicality of a tourer and the stylish design and feel of a sports car.

The Levorg will also feature an all-new 1.6-litre horizontally-opposed Boxer engine with direct injection turbo (DIT) technology.  The Subaru-developed engine is designed to offer smooth performance and greater environmental efficiency.  The new engine will also be on show on the Subaru motor show stand as a technology exhibit.

The Levorg sports tourer prototype will be joined on the Subaru show stand by another new concept vehicle called the Crossover 7 concept, a seven-seat SUV designed to combine the rigours of for urban family use with true off-road driving capability.

The Subaru press conference at the Tokyo Motor Show is scheduled to start at 08.30 JST on Wednesday 20 November (23.30 GMT on Tuesday 19 November).

• Like 1