Upgrade or swap out non nav head unit

Dastardley

Evening everyone 

Not been here for a few years as I left and bought an x trail 🥴

Tbh it's been fine but it ain't a Forester. My wife and I looked at a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0D XC today and pushed the button. 

She loved the old Forester and there was no going back once she'd had it up the road. 

Only thing is it hasn't got sat nav. What's the best way to proceed? Buy a Subaru nav head unit from a breaker or another aftermarket one with adapters. 

My inclination is to keep it Subaru but how would I get the antenna wired up? 

Used to mess about with phone holders but they were a pain, falling off and cables etc. 

Any advice/photos etc would be very much appreciated. 

Pick it up on Thursday, can't wait. 

Cheers 

Kev 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 7:58 PM, Dastardley said:

Evening everyone 

Not been here for a few years as I left and bought an x trail 🥴

Tbh it's been fine but it ain't a Forester. My wife and I looked at a 2018 Subaru Forester 2.0D XC today and pushed the button. 

She loved the old Forester and there was no going back once she'd had it up the road. 

Only thing is it hasn't got sat nav. What's the best way to proceed? Buy a Subaru nav head unit from a breaker or another aftermarket one with adapters. 

My inclination is to keep it Subaru but how would I get the antenna wired up? 

Used to mess about with phone holders but they were a pain, falling off and cables etc. 

Any advice/photos etc would be very much appreciated. 

Pick it up on Thursday, can't wait. 

Cheers 

Kev 

Look at the Idoing site - android head unit not sure which one would fit yourshttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwizhdqn5oH-AhXqjGgJHTnaAyoYABAMGgJ3Zg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAESbOD2Lx4eAwnTBe34s5wdN4PGec4JHn9vUeqhy3Q9vT6bI_Qv_nzzHKV-Dhuf3fDWDfcWMf_vgfsENF526yOsf_9MqZfL_9nHTuevLehZWelm1P5lU_bre7Ia_1Qykx3w7Her2XKIZjurfJfutQ&sig=AOD64_2ABjDXfMJTzX3te_f1mOa6W3qcrw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjQm9Gn5oH-AhXCUMAKHVWTBMcQwg8oAHoECAYQEw&adurl=