HI

Azulcielo61

polish - got two bottles of the stuff - one normal white runny stuff the other super resin or something I would have to look....?

polish isn't wax, it beads like wax but doesn't give the same protection, also autoglym is very easy to remove, if you have struggled then it's either out of its best before date or you car needs a good claying first, super resin is the one with the red square, the old formula is famed for leaving white dust on the car after buffing, the new formula is awesome and leaves no residue whatsoever, get a clay kit and clay the car, natural clay with go gooey in the rain/water so you need dry weather and proper lube, a poly clay is basically soft rubber, you can use in the rain or with water as a lube, after clayed get the super resin out and then when buffed get a good carnuba based wax on it, buff again then get a sealer on top of that, it will last a good few months with just a quick wash to get it sparkling and after the clay everything will be easier to apply and remove, you only need a small amount of polish when applying, i use a detailing sponge to apply and a thumbnail size blob will do a quarter of the roof

• Like 1

polish isn't wax, it beads like wax but doesn't give the same protection, also autoglym is very easy to remove, if you have struggled then it's either out of its best before date or you car needs a good claying first, super resin is the one with the red square, the old formula is famed for leaving white dust on the car after buffing, the new formula is awesome and leaves no residue whatsoever, get a clay kit and clay the car, natural clay with go gooey in the rain/water so you need dry weather and proper lube, a poly clay is basically soft rubber, you can use in the rain or with water as a lube, after clayed get the super resin out and then when buffed get a good carnuba based wax on it, buff again then get a sealer on top of that, it will last a good few months with just a quick wash to get it sparkling and after the clay everything will be easier to apply and remove, you only need a small amount of polish when applying, i use a detailing sponge to apply and a thumbnail size blob will do a quarter of the roof

It isnt that hard to remove it was more for double entendre posting effect :D

- it is the super resin and I also have a bottle of auto glym extra gloss protection.

Car has been clayed a couple of times this year due to the sap issues I have got the Meguiars kit - think it is natural clay version

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/product/194/Quik-Clay-Starter-Kit/

sounds like I need to invest in some proper wax (have got some for my wheels) I have my eye on that Angel wax specifically for silver cars after seeing the results in the other thread

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=ag

I've had no personal experience with angel wax but I use poor boys white hole or blue natty paste for light cars and black hole or dodo juice hard candy for dark, they are polish and wax combos, megs clay is natural clay, dodo juice do a nice poly clay, if the cars been done once in the year with natural then it's easier and cheaper to keep on top of it with poly, as for investment in good products, I've probably got more invested in detailing stuff than I have in the car lol, I find the better the product the less work you have to put in, I use sponges for all applications too as once the sponge is moist :O it doesn't take as much to do the car as with a cloth, I also use microfiber for everything as it doesn't scratch the car, make sure they have silk or satin round the cloths as cheap ones can scratch with the edging, then there's the 2 bucket method and grit guards and snow foam, the list goes on lol

I do use the two bucket method and have priced up a snow foam attachment  ;) I use a combo glove for the soaping up (in theory to be made redundant by snow foam), chamois for the wet wipe down, sponge pad for paint renovation, polish and sealant application (different grades) microfibre to remove the polish and sealant

autoglym leather cleaner and balm is great for keeping it supple, especially round the groin area, as for chamois, I used to swear by genuine leather chamois but learnt due to the nature of them they hold any residual dirt on the surface which can cause fine scratches and swirls, I use a micro fibre drying towel, I have 2 in the garage incase I'm doing a large car

Other than that looks like I was kinda teaching of how to such eggs lol

• Like 1

Its only after reading the advice on this forum from yourself and the others - didnt really have a clue before and obviously still dont know my polishes from my waxes :D

didnt know that about the chamois though - will have to look into some drying cloths, no point doing the rest if I am just going to risk re scratching it during a wash

The polishing booth is where I get all my products and advice, he has a website but he's just branched out into pushbikes and apparel so he's too busy to update it, best looking on his eBay account for bits, fire him a mail via the website for advice or give him a bell, he's a keen scooby fan and is a top bloke to boot, anything you need he can help

• Like 1