Pre-collision braking

norfolkRX

Just wondered if anyone had experience of the Eyesight Pre-collision Braking actually working? I've had the Eyesight warning go off several times and the centre display put up a warning when approaching sharp corners, but I've never felt the brakes being applied as a result. I assume because the warning has gone off, that the driving situation has met all the requirements for the pre-collision braking to happen.

It would be nice to know it's there and functioning without having to drive into something to prove it works . . . .🤔

• 3 weeks later...

Had a couple of idiots pull out in from of me, the front display panel lights up red and my goodness the brakes bring the car to an immediate stop. Brilliant system.  

2 hours ago, Chiles said:

Had a couple of idiots pull out in front of me, the front display panel lights up red and my goodness the brakes bring the car to an immediate stop. Brilliant system.  

That's good to know and hear a real world experience - I'll have to get the manual out again and find out if there's a warning light or something if the system is not working.

You could pile a few empty carboard boxes up on suitable piece of ground and attempt to drive into them.

I'm not a fan of AEBS, had the systems in trucks for a few years now, have had to modify and exaggerate the way slalom type hazards are negotiated or the vehicle can come to a shuddering stop for no reason.