Help needed please !!! V4 impreza project

Pizzle

Hi there all hope you are all well. Need some help and advice. Have this version 4 uk2000 which has had an engine swap. Car started a few times but was idling really rough and also had a wiring short which has been fixed by an auto electrician now. The car has spark, has fuel but the car will not fire up anymore. I'm confused as sparks have been changed, coil pack has spark coming out. Leads have been changed.ignitor has been changed and Crank sensor as well. Timing belt and waterpump has been done along with clutch kit. Have opened the timing up again just to double check and all is bang on. What else could cause a Crank but no start issue?

• 2 weeks later...

So the lights are now on the dash with ignition on. The car previously had a cat1 laserline alarm. This has now been completely disconnected. I didn't have lights on the dash originally but after I sent it to an automotive electrician he sorted out the short so now have lights on the dash. I can hear the fuel pump prime but it is weird in the sense that when the Battery is connected I can constantly hear fuel running through the system. I beleive it is a version 4 bottom end in there now as well.

Another update since last time. Today worked on it some more. Car turns over fine, there is fuel, there is spark. The car wants to start with easy start. Almost does but doesn't stay running. Cuts out almost immediately. 

Error codes when putting connectors together indicate towards idle air control valve. I have opened it up, cleaned it and put it back together. Would that cause a no start though?