2005 subaru forester fob programing

Hi, I have a 2005 forester, i changed the Battery in the spare fob but now it doesnt work at all. Can i reprogramme it myself, anyone know the method. It has the single push button on the key which either closes or opens in sequence. Thanks for any advice ,

regards

Motty

Sounds likely bad contact/battery, bad button or bad board .
Good news is easy program yourself as long as have a least 1 working remote or known 4 digit code for keypad .
(if you don't know the 4 digit pin you can set a new one when have a working remote)
Highly recommend having 4 digit pin set up as can save huge amount of hassle, time and money ...
If your remote is bad you can either pick up a used one and swap board to your key or try a postal repair service for yours .
Instructions attached .

m30.pdf

• Like 1

Hi, thank you so much for your reply, If im honest, im bewildered by it. I would be so afraid of losing my working fob. I am of an age where good old fashioned cables made much more sense than computers.

I will digest it, think about it and go back to it a few times and if I do pluck up the courage I'll have a go, failing that I may have to elect to use a Subaru dealer not far from me but they may not have experience of an older model such as this. I also own a 21 plate Levorg but have always done the maintenance on my old forester myself. Hurts to admit I'm out of my depth occasionally but " discretion best part of valour" and all that.

Once again, many thanks for your reply and the effort you put in in doing so, sorry I'm not up to it.

Regards, Motty

update. I took out, cleaned and refitted the new Battery,  was about to try and re programme it  and by chance tried it again first and hey presto! it worked. phew! saved me some anxious moments.  So Mr B you were correct, must have been dodgy contact. thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regads

Motty

Well done, good minimal effort/cost fix is always a nice ending 🙂
If you don't know your 4 digit pin code I would recommend setting a new easy remember 4 digit pin using instructions for programming new pin found at very end of the pdf document .

Im sure your right but i'd be anxious in case I got it wrong and messed it up. I will think about it though, dont like to be beaten, normally I come round to trying things. Ill let yu know if I do. M

• 2 weeks later...