Limited Edition OB available in the UK

https://subaru.co.uk/overview/outback-touring-x

Apparently, there are just 100 of these for sale in the UK.  They appear to be modelled on the Touring spec. accessories mixed with some Field features, plus use the US OB Wilderness blue paint job.  Shame is, there's no turbo version. as in the States, and the suspension isn't jacked up further like the Wilderness.  I guess it might appeal to some (re colour option) but it's basically a more expensive Touring version. 

I have that sinking feeling that Subaru UK and EU will ditch the petrol version of the OB and it'll join the rest of the toothless models in having a mild hybrid version only.  Worst of all worlds (IMO).  Hey ho...

Thanks. I saw this announcement too, and came to the same conclusion about the car that you did. Can’t really see enough in it to persuade me to change from my current model. Perhaps the new Forester will be a bit more exciting. 

9 hours ago, Justin Time said:

https://subaru.co.uk/overview/outback-touring-x

Apparently, there are just 100 of these for sale in the UK.  They appear to be modelled on the Touring spec. accessories mixed with some Field features, plus use the US OB Wilderness blue paint job.  Shame is, there's no turbo version. as in the States, and the suspension isn't jacked up further like the Wilderness.  I guess it might appeal to some (re colour option) but it's basically a more expensive Touring version. 

I have that sinking feeling that Subaru UK and EU will ditch the petrol version of the OB and it'll join the rest of the toothless models in having a mild hybrid version only.  Worst of all worlds (IMO).  Hey ho...

uk special editions are usual pretty !Removed! and just cosmetic, subaru UK has little interest any more, pretty sure wont be long till subaru uk closes.

Hi Guys, i have joined the owners forum today, and noticed the comments about the ltd edition OB.

So my first input is..............................

I have a similar opinion regarding the engine. My current Outback is my 2nd Subaru, and i really like this car, and really good wwen cruising or about town etc.

However, could do with a little more overtaking power, as i have to mentally calculate a minute or 2 in advance if i want to overtake another vehicle on the TT mountain road.

its just too slow for overtaking.

My question to anyone out there including Subaru UK, is:

Although normal manufactured with the 2.5 ltr engine, is it at all possible to order a new one, with the 2.4 ltre turbo charged engine that is available everywhere else in the world, ( in right hand drive too :)). If so i'm in. let me know what i need to do, or where to go to order one? ( Australia maybe).

Surely it cant be too difficult to do this ????

Shieldsy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john shields said:

Hi Guys, i have joined the owners forum today, and noticed the comments about the ltd edition OB.

So my first input is..............................

I have a similar opinion regarding the engine. My current Outback is my 2nd Subaru, and i really like this car, and really good wwen cruising or about town etc.

However, could do with a little more overtaking power, as i have to mentally calculate a minute or 2 in advance if i want to overtake another vehicle on the TT mountain road.

its just too slow for overtaking.

My question to anyone out there including Subaru UK, is:

Although normal manufactured with the 2.5 ltr engine, is it at all possible to order a new one, with the 2.4 ltre turbo charged engine that is available everywhere else in the world, ( in right hand drive too :)). If so i'm in. let me know what i need to do, or where to go to order one? ( Australia maybe).

Surely it cant be too difficult to do this ????

Shieldsy

Hi Shieldsy,

Welcome. Well if you manage to achieve that, I'd love to know and would put my name on the list too 🙂  I believe they also drive on the left in Japan, so...!

Best of luck.