2010 2.5L SE Exhaust Broken

Hi everyone,

New member here. I recently bought a 2010 Legacy 2.5l SE and the centre pipe has fully broken off the centre box (silencer?). Wondering if it's too rusted to weld and I'm struggling to find a replacement pipe in the UK! Anyone have any experience with this or know where I can get a new exhuast centre pipe?

Cheers,
Ben

Exhaust pipe.jpg

If you had to a stub of new pipe could be welded onto to silencer (clean up and weld to the original weld bead as gives fair bit of material to work the weld puddle .
The stub pipe be made length best suited to get to fairly solid piece of original pipe and either sized to slip over original pipe or use a joiner .
Hard tell how sensible a solution that would be without actually visually seeing/inspecting it, I done repair to cat sections and silencers before when you can judge will get 3 or 4 more years from it with ease and it generally an hours labour plus small cost of some generic exhaust materials/fittings .
Wise money would likely be longer term solution such as a local custom exhaust shop such as a powerflow dealer making up new sections as deemed necessary .

• Like 1