RHD 06 Forester master window switch.

Unfortunately Im unable to insert a photo but after replacing both the front window motors as they were completely dead, the passenger side window works perfectly, however, my drivers side window goes down well but when I pull up on the switch it goes up about an inch and then stops so I have to keep pulling the switch to get it to the top. As it's not the motor that is responsible I'm assuming it's the switch mainly because the passenger side works fine. To test if it's the panel I need to know which pins in the cable are responsible for the drivers side window function.

The connector is the one that resembles an elongated U and is the biggest of the three.

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lachie

Quite a common issue, window motors go bad from water ingress as water collects in the cast cup body of motor housing (removing motor housing and drilling drain holes helps this issue)
As the motors deteriorate they demand more current which damages the switch contacts and causes symptoms you seeing  as under load the voltage drop of damaged switch trips the breaker .

Another tip source cheaper motors is rears are same as fronts but opposite sides: rear driverside fit front passenger & rear passenger fits front driver (do need clock plastic drain bung to correct orientation and possibly swap cable tails if fussy (on plugs with weather connectors) .

Thoughts on what to do about it? Is the current switchboard able to be taken apart to have the contacts fixed or do I need to buy a new one. I've attempted to do a practice run on a control board that the previous owner tried to use but was for a slightly different model. 

Also able to put a photo of the plug in now. Would it just be easier to bridge the two pins responsible for the up function to test whether alright it is the switches fault so I don't end up buying a new one and have it do the same thing.

20240903_160656.jpg

You can't really strip these master door switches, best option is good used unless can get fair price on new .
Can you do picture from side of plug so can see  some wire colours, also a pic of switch assembly bottom and top so can see what models might have same part.
Basically the wiring for up is same as down, all that changes is the polarity, if the scenario for up is it moves a bit then cuts out every time you try the up switch it generally the switch and we done a few of them like this when had bad motors that been replaced .
JDM model wiring can differ so wiring diagrams may not be exactly same plug pin layout or colours .
You can power motor directly to see it can go up and no mechanical issues with track or motor .

You can go to link below for online service manual which might possibly help.
Choose: Forester 2006/
Click: Wiring Diagram
Look for Power Window System and you should see some diagrams for RHD

https://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Forester/2006/