H6 valve springs

Julian in Rayne

Hello All - new member here!  It's become apparent that I've a head gasket issue on my recently purchased Outback 3.0RN. I knew there was a coolant issue, and could see the radiator was weeping, so thought that was the only issue. The radiator has been replaced, but the cooling system still isn't holding pressure, and a test of the bubbling out of the radiator confirms it's exhaust gases. So, I'm resigned to the fact I'm going to have to pull the engine and do the gaskets etc.  I can see service parts are available to do this, but additionally I was thinking of checking the length of the valve springs, as the car has done 156,000 miles. However, I've not seen valves or valve springs where I've been looking. I assume Subaru dealers may be able to help, but not sure if they'd be stocked locally. Any ideas on this?

Good luck with doing hg yourself. **** luck it's happened that the 3.0 is suffering hg in the first place as those motors rarely suffer such failure.

I understand doing a 3.0 hg replacement is serious work - have you've previously done this sort of work so realise exactly what you are getting yourself into?