New to the forum and Subaru ownership but....

Octane Junkie

..... but it didn't last long. I did have a clean '51 plate S turbo that was a real joy. Bought it just before Christmas and until 3 weeks ago it didn't miss a beat. Superb in the snow too.

Now I have a slightly squashed one - hit a snow drift in a blizzard and ended up, upside down in a field! Ouch. So, what to do now? I haven't made an insurance claim - what with the increased premiums and and high excess I had, I would end up with next to nothing - so I either have a project car, a car to break (good engine and gearbox etc etc.,) or do I look for one with a blown engine and transplant?

Any ideas?

OJ

163500_583117988366557_1191764490_n.jpg

Wotcha and welcome

my 2p

If you have the expertise, want something mint and you know all the running gear etc was in good nick go for a project and transplant, if you dont mind it being a bit rough knock out the dents and get a new windscreen.

Farmerpug on here has made a really nice job of a forrester from something that was a little tired initially

Hi Jay and thanks for the welcome.

insurance guy said the roof was too damaged and would be at least a Cat C if not worse, so it's not going back on the road in the current body Shell - even though they're a tough little motor!

It's being brought back next week so I'll have a proper look at it then - maybe a donor car for something or other? Failing that my youngest is very handy with spanners so I could break it down for spares or challenge him to build something new? All the running gear was spot on (apart from the clutch) and it was a low speed roll (just happened to be down a 6ft bank into a field!).

Even the central locking worked as I walked away through the snow, to the amusement of passers-by :-)

Even the central locking worked as I walked away through the snow, to the amusement of passers-by :-)

lol.gif

- very funny, yes I would have laughed also, partly because seeing you walk away after the accident but that is a Bruce Willis type comedy moment.

If you decide to get your lad twirling the spanners point him in our direction and we could have a nice project thread on the go. 

PMSL :D brilliant 

And welcome to the club well almost I guess ;) 

Have to keep us updated with this :D