New Wheel Nuts

mfnick

Soz, I know this is the wrong place but I still can't access the wheels section of the forum for some reason...

Anyway, I'm picking up some gloss black alloys this weekend (Tease :D) and after some new blue wheel nut to go with them when I eventually get them fitted. Looking at these ones in particular:

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=314_315&products_id=2720

8ev1.jpg

My only concern is security. There's no locking nuts with these and after a quick search I can't find any that would match these in blue either.

Now on their site it mentions "Added security - key required for wheel removal", forgive my ignorance but is that just the key that comes with the set? Because they look to me like you could use any correctly sized socket on them - that key just prevents you damaging the wheel when installing/removing.

Anybody got a set of these-or similar who could shine some light on them for me please and maybe put my security fears at rest?

To be honest I don't find any point in locking nuts you can get them off to easily / quickly to be a real deterrent

I think I need to brush up on my ways I was sat spanking sockets... Hehe Spanking. for about an hour an half on one wheel getting a locking nut off. Saying that spoke to the mechanic down the road told me to take it to him 5 minutes it was off with power tools :) 

I think I need to brush up on my ways I was sat spanking sockets... Hehe Spanking. for about an hour an half on one wheel getting a locking nut off. Saying that spoke to the mechanic down the road told me to take it to him 5 minutes it was off with power tools :)

Lol had this problem before too. Took a couple of hours getting one off on one of my old cars. That was thanks to the idiots at the garage cross threading it all the way with the gun though & jamming it. Wankers. Had to get a whole new set of locknuts since they were that messed up.

I got a tool out of screwfix for 14 quid , torque wrench and off

Yep I even went and bought one guy in the shop was that will get it off in no time. Still didn't move it :( 

But my guy who does the MOT's for me did say in an irish accent. "The little f@cker was stuck on there good." there rest I don't think  human hearing could register :)

Lol had this problem before too. Took a couple of hours getting one off on one of my old cars. That was thanks to the idiots at the garage cross threading it all the way with the gun though & jamming it. Wankers. Had to get a whole new set of locknuts since they were that messed up

2nd that I try to ask for them not to use the guns now when I can 

After seeing how many police patrol in Sheffield I doubt you need it even made me feel nervous mastrbating in the bushes when I was waiting for my clutch to be done :)

That's only because Martin is based in a pretty shady area of Sheff - full of druggies, prostitutes and worst of all the odd Gambits ;) so cops are always out around there. Never normally see the fuckers usually. Hence why my van has even broken into twice in the last 6 months and nothing gets done about it!

Now you tell me I was walking round headed toward the town center mobile out texting away getting cash from the machine. :D << True story I was. then walked back to meadowhall park. I did see a few people cross the street from me but thought that was just because I had my ***** out :D