few questions

LUIGI-3

im sure some of you will surely have answers for me :)

why some of the models have pink swoosh badge on front? mine is blue :huh:

looking at upgrading back box, what are your recommendations lads? is it good to get of fleabay?

coolant- coolant i have in now is blue but in garage the bloke said its pink ???

cambelt - i have no record of it being done previously, although car has only done 36k it is 10 years old. i opened that cover last week and it looked quite good. but im still looking at changing it after christmas - is it lot more difficult than any other car? and how long should it take to change for a skilled mechanic?

Thanks for any info :)

Standard badge for UK cars is the blue Subaru oval with the stars in.  On Japanese imports the older cars had badges to depict the model, so Imprezas had badges with an "i", Legacy got a badge with "L" and the Forester got... yes, an "F".  In addition to this there are loads of other badges you can buy from eBay, for example P1 owners can buy a P1 badge.  These are not official Subaru badges, they are just from badge makers trying to earn a bit of cash.  The pink one is probably some sort of STi copy.  

I have a H&S backbox on my Legacy.  It's well made and sounds good, but it's not so big you risk loosing small children up there.  I like it, but not to everyone's taste.

Coolant comes in all sorts of colours but blue is the most common.  There is no difference, it's just the dye they put in it so you can see it.  Try not to mix to different colours together as it will look a mess and you wont be able to tell if there is a contaminant getting in there.  A lot of Subaru owners like pink as it's the STi colour!

Cambelt is no harder than any other car, but you need to remove the radiator to gain access so say goodbye to your pink coolant :)

• Like 4

If you are doing a coolant change it doesn't matter if it's blue or pink just don't mix them, but you would be better off draining and refilling it. Which I am just looking at doing funny enough ;)

My fav is the Nur-spec exhaust system but not cheap :(

Cambelt should take someone about 2 hours at a guess 

And I think the pink badges was Import STI originally, but could be wrong :)

Dam phone takes me ages to type on it :D Adam beat me to it ;) 

• Like 2

no there are like 4, 2 of them are owners including this !Removed!, other fella is nice genuine guy and always helpful but not always there. its a good garage when this ,,anomalia" isnt dealing with public. They should keep him in a pit. They charge 55quid an hour. so not a cheapest

The Subaru 'book time' to do a cambelt is 5 hours from memory.

All I can say is that that must include at least two coffee breaks and a long lunch!

The problem is that a garage with no experience of Subarus only has that figure to refer to.

We have got it down to about an hour/hour and a half now, but thats after doing a lot of them :)

• Like 4

The Subaru 'book time' to do a cambelt is 5 hours from memory.

All I can say is that that must include at least two coffee breaks and a long lunch!

The problem is that a garage with no experience of Subarus only has that figure to refer to.

We have got it down to about an hour/hour and a half now, but thats after doing a lot of them :)

thats a very good time mate

Nur spec is loud , very loud if you go turbo back ! My mates Sti often gets a tug from the law and I can hear it miles away ( flat fenland don't help )

I had a tsl firestorm on my old white wagon and on idle that was 98db , got a pic that I used a cheap app on