Tarting the forester up a bit

Mtb154

Hi, just bought a 2005 54 forester 2.0 xt, one owner from new, full subaru history with 108k miles.

What im looking for info on is, the roof rails have lost their colour, can you buy silver aluminium ones??

I want to tint the rear windows and there a pre cut kit on eBay cheap, has anyone ever done it themselves?? Is it easy??

Is there a uk supplier for skid plates, I can only seen 08 on parts.

Looking forward to getting oily again and doing a bit of work on the car.

Wotcha and welcome - we have had a Fozzie roof rails search before, I dont know about the colour but they come in quite expensive brand new - less from the US for some reason so what I would suggest is to get them off and refurbed / coated in whatever colour you fancy

members have done the tinting themselves without too many issues but unfortunately teh quality of cheaper films shows very quickly with peeling and discolouring - recommed either spend more on the kit yourself or get a pro to do the job - they are not as expensive - and the money saved on not buying roof rails could be allocated for that instead ;)

Skid plates I dont know about and would be interested in the answer to that one myself although if you browse the forum and check out Farmerpugs latest exploits Fozzies go into and out of hedges not needing a skid plate at all :D

• Like 1

I think your right, I started looking at youtube videos about a year ago and wanted one since then, I noticed my one in a local dealers and got a deal on my Vectra sri + £250 cash so went for it. Funniest thing was when my wife got home and seen it ( what is that monstrosity on the drive, its awful) lol, kind of agreed with her as its not the best looking car out there but they can be made great looking with a few mods. I love it now. First thing I did was an oil change using castrol magnatec 5w 30 a1 synthetic oil, with genuine subaru filter, I have a new set of drop links waiting to be fitted to sort the knocking out ( replaced these on my wifes car and twice on my vectra) gotta be the crap state of our roads. Im 40 next week so im hoping ill get some cash to spend on it. Are impreza wheels a straight swap?? Cant decide wether to go down the lowered road look or the offroad chunky tire look?? What do you think?

• Like 1

I have to agree they do look strange but power for the size is mental. And as an idea of ho you can make it look good I'd have a look at this 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/3642-uk-guy-returning-home-my-journey-from-a-600hp-wrx-to-a-modded-forester-and-beyond/

You will need to scroll past the Impreza that is very drool material too ;) 

And your car looks great too, with the wheels we had another fozzie owner who had about 5 pictures with different allys on if I can find it I will link it too. I can't remember with the alloy's I think you was ok up until about the 99/06 before they changed but would need to check myself now :) remind me tomorrow I will have a look,

Maybe your top mounts knocking common issue, whne mine was being serviced i mentoned the clunking sound coming from the n/s got told the droplinks were nearly new and it wasn't anything serious.

Pair of group n tops will set you back about 85quid each off the bay. (Another thing on my list)

I'd google a tinting firm. There's a place nearme that will do 4 windows for 100quid. (No good to us with five) i echo jay's comments the kits you get are pants and you'll always end up with at least one bubble you can't remove which will annoy you forever.

Will set the car off and look good (i am biased though) plus keep the interior a bit cooler im the summer :-)

• Like 1