Second Gen 2.0 non-turbo MPG / Range

david1972

Ok, so I'm down to 1/4 tank on the gauge after 250 miles of enthusiastic driving in my new steed......what MPG or mileage between tanks do my fellow 2nd gen owners manage to achieve? I'll be happy to get close to 30 at the minute, although that might be a bit optimistic!  :o

Just don't tell the wife  :P

• Like 1

250 miles with a 1/4 tank to go!

I can only dream of those type of things. :lol:

In fairness, my Legacy twin turbo is a bit different to your car, but I only get about 21mpg generally. 25mpg on a long steady run. Not with use of the fun pedal though. ;)

I would have thought 28-30mpg was pretty achievable on yours. Probably a few more if being careful.

• Like 2

If yours is anything like mine i can get nearly 170 miles to half a tank then it drops like a stone between half and a quarter. Steady away i can get nearly another 100 out of the final bit and i've never had the reserve light come on. Real world driving round and about 50-60 is more like it.

300miles out of a tank is usual on long drives for me and mines an older model. Hopefully now i've changed the o2 sensor economy will be a bit better.

Typed all that and realised yours is n/a !

• Like 1

Ok, the results for the first tank are in. Drove 276 miles and filled up when just below 1/4 on gauge.

I negotiated a full tank in with the purchase, so brim to brim I've managed 30.6mpg.

Have to say I'm very happy with that, given my driving, time of year etc.

Thread hijack ! Gambit what did programme do you use for the car pc ?

I've used two 

Road Runner now called Ride Runner <<< Legal issue not sure why ;) 

but I'm using Centrafuse now so much better and feel's more how it should do compared to Ride Runner 

ok so before mine was very poorly I got these results, now bare in mind mine has been remapped on Shell but still I think the figures speak for themselves.

Super Unleaded.

Price paid £1.45 (before price cuts)

Shell Ul, £20 = 88 miles

BP Premium, £20 = 68miles

Tesco Premium , £20= 75 miles.

Now some of you will say did you vary your driving speeds etc to make it a fair test and tbh I drive pretty much normal all the time, Bp seems to work worse in my car and did in the previous WRX as well, so for now I think ill stick to Shell or Tesco if needs be.

Also for those that are really MPG concerned, why not get a remap or one extra get a multiple boost controller with low and high boost setting ?.

• Like 1