newbie from weymouth

numbnuts846

after many years i have now took the plunge and brought myself a nice 2001 wrx that is standard  . i came with full service history all being done  by a subaru garages in devon and hampshire when you go through the paper work it had done around 9k each year now on 117k . clutch replaced at 90k, cam belt changed at 60k and 102k. ive always been hooked on these but driving it is just a pleasure  :D i would like to change the stock dump valve and exhaust at some point .

i will chuck up a photo at some point when its clean

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome. I've done 2000miles since buying the subaru ... Who is now named "sue" by my little boy.. I did a nice run in it the other day getting around 40ish mpg. But I keep finding there is a few who like to cling on my rear end whilst driving around. Latest being a lad in a Nissan micra. . Does anybody else find this happening to them...

ooooh yes unfortunately that does happen - I believe someone started a drafting thread on a micra owners forum some years ago and they have been doing it ever since to achieve a higher top speed  :D 

• Like 1

Oh get it all the time mate in the scoob. around my area the biggest culprits are Audi drivers. But I have had everything from idiots in vans to the corsa's to Motorbikes. Normally what I will do is boost it then slow down see how quick they come back up my !Removed! then slow right down if they prove to being !Removed! heads :D  

• Like 1

i have a few cars that do this round here, had a lexus is200 once, he wanted to race and put his hands out the sunroof doing a 321 countdown, i floored it for 5 seconds then slowed back down and waited a min or two while he caught up :lol: sadly i think it's always gonna be like that, saxo's are favourable for pushing you

Now I don't normally partake in childish games more so on roads  :ph34r:  But I had to laugh at a saxo in town two lanes of traffic was behind me and pulled alongside me at some lights revving his engine poor lad never saw him again  -_-

your never gonna see 60mpg in a turbo subie, i'm surprised you got 40 tbf, i usually get about 25-30 at 70 on the m/way, i have done 50mpg on a run once, was boring as hell but my mate was going to look at a car and didn't have much cash for juice and i was skint so there and back we were sat right up the !Removed! end of an artic doing 55mph :lol:

I think if you worry about mpg then you should not own a scooby.. i just love driving round in it. This morning at 4am it was cold and you could hear the engine noise echo of houses as i went to work. Such a nice thing to hear at that time

• Like 2

I think if you worry about mpg then you should not own a scooby.. i just love driving round in it. This morning at 4am it was cold and you could hear the engine noise echo of houses as i went to work. Such a nice thing to hear at that time

I agree look at it as smiles per miles :D

• 3 weeks later...

40mpg I'd settle fo1/2 of that somedays, but use of power is addictive , super unleaded I can buy anywhere ,by the way, welcome aboard ,enjoy the subaru great fun ,and japfest is only up the road ,sign up for it get your little boys up and have a great day out and meet some of the club

• Like 2