ignition ring light

Dunno mate, i had a legacy in work that had one too. It's good lights up the key hole and then fades after start up. I've no idea what the bulb is looks like i'nm gonna have to pull the cowl apart to find out

mine died I never bothered to replace it or change it. Actually until you just said about it I'd forgotten it was even like that ? I can see I'm going to rip it out now and have a go at changing mine :( ;)

I might even look at another colour now. Will have a search about.

May as well, seen on youtube people changing the colour of bulb to match the newer red dial layout.

I didnt realy realise i missed it until it was pitch black last night.

I still cant find out what bulb it is all the info is on us sites. I want to be able to take everything apart and put back together again with out having to wait or faf around with the wrong bulbs. May just call subaru and see what i need.

Just been on the phone to subaru gonna have to wait till monday see if they can get hold of the part. It's about ten quid ! To be fair they are one of the best dealers i've had to use and nothings ever too much trouble so i don't mind the cost too much.

Yeah i think the 01-02 cars had them then they stopped it then re introduced it on 04-05 cars. I presume it's the same bulb as what your car uses ? What year's yours ? They moved to full LED lighting at some point. If the garage cant find what i need maybe yours being a uk car will be easier to find on database once we know what we need, will be laughing

2001 If I get chance I might pull mine out today got to pop out in a few and get the laps sorted for tomorrow I've not done that yet  :unsure:

I'm guessing from what I have found out its a 5mm 0.2 wedge bulb and changing the colour is super easy :) 

qmfw.jpg

6egr.png

I watched the vid last night. He doesn't give any part numbers just said i got from eBay.

I've a mapplins roind corner from work so i'll see what they have in stock. Was gonna replace my ashtray light too and they are the same i think.

With the led's do you have to get a holder or do they just pop into place ?

An LED doesn't run off 12v so you need a resistor on the positive line to get the volts up to power it, if you put T5 LED into eBay they have stacks in he holders but I think that would be too long for the application as they need to house the resistor in the holder, if I was just changing the colour I would either take the green cap off and paint the bulb or just paint a new bulb, bulb paint can be found in halfrauds or the net and is designed to run the temps a bulb can reach

Well had a look at mine it's the Blobeye that has it in not the bugeye  :lol: I might take it out see if it has the wires in for one and put one that lights up in try get one off fleebay. So what started as a bulb swap is a bulb swap and a full refit  :D

Got me thinking of stuff now, I have a few 3mm leds knocking about and some resistors too, I might drill a small hole in the cowling when I remove it and glue an LED in at an angle to light it up, if I connect it to the interior light it will light the keyhole up when I get in, I also have an interior light time delay unit from an old car somewhere so could wire them both up, I do like me leds

Sent from my Nexus 7