Got myself an Impreza Wagon

RosieFreak

Hey all.

After years of driving a Fix It Again Tony - Punto, I bought myself an 1997 Impreza WRX Wagon when I returned from sea in January. .  Its an absolute pleasure to drive and despite its age the car is in great condition.  I am not looking to go mad with the car but want to bring it back to as near as I to new, plus a few wee perks. I've attached a couple of photos.  I would love some ideas of what work to carry out on the car.

So any suggestions would be great.

Cheers guys. 

post-665-0-90834500-1366219758_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-68593100-1366219830_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-06763800-1366219934_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome to the Forums mate.

Very nice looking motor. And just from the pictures looks very well looked after. If your wanting to keep it low key I wouldn't change a thing on it.

If it was mine maybe spray the alloys gold

Tint the windows, never know if your going to pull the bird in the local chip shop ;)

colour code the door handles

And would look at the roof spoiler if it's not got one on :D

Sure other will let you know some other ideas too ;)

But very nice car mate

Wotcha and welcome - that looks a tidy example I'll bet it was a massive difference going from a Punto to your wagon! Dont think you'll have too many problems bring that to your desired spec.

loads of things you could do dependant on what you fancy - my 2p, look at the brakes, get some braided hoses + possibly different calipers and discs to give better feel / bite and a good service, have the injectors cleaned decent panel filter and check when the fuel filter was last changed.

You could look at an ECU remap as the standard cars will be set up for economy and emissions so a revised fuel map even on a standard filter and exhaust should give improved lower down torque making the car feel more responsive

As soon as I got the car I got it fully serviced at my friends garage with all the filters, oil and coolants changed. Also new rear discs put in. Just want to keep it looking good, get the whole paint work redone over the summer and the callipers done. I think I will get the windows tinted and fit an older ipad as a head unit. So it has my touch on it.  I do not know too much about the engine and what I can do so any good information would be great. I have been trying to find a reliable manual, but I am finding it hard to find.  Thank you for the welcome :)

• Like 1

Nice job so far kudos to you. I always say until you have done something to the car it's never yours fully ;)

And with the engine you can go as mad as you like, to just very small mods. I will have a look see if I can find any Subaru manuals for cars in PDF format. If I can will load them on here for people.