Exhaust fitting questions

So I've just recently purchased a turbo back exhaust. I was wondering what bolt types I will need as my old mild steel exhaust is more like rust steel and would like everything shiny new. Now my mate gave me some new bolts that connect the back box to the middle pipe are they the same for the down pipe to the middle pipe? Will it be worth getting new nuts for the turbo? I would go under and check but its raining and I don't think the neighbours would appreciate me putting it on ramps after midnight lol, and while I'm at it will I need to replace the gaskets or can I reuse the old ones or will paste suffice?

Since I've started a new thread what level should coolant be at in the reservoir/tank closest N/S headlight

few, now back to battlefield and beers

New gaskets all the time for the sake of a few quid may as well renew save having to take everything apart again in 4 months to do a job you could have done while it was all apart inbthe 1st place. My expansion tank has a collar round the middle which seems to be the high mark when warm. Mine was empty a while back so filled it up to this and ran the car. It spat out waht i didn't need and now at cold it's about an inch below the collar. I did make a note of it with a marker on the side for future reference.

I ran my car for over a week in the height of summer with nowt in. Turns out i had an airlock from when the belts were changed. Temp gauge never moved from normal position. I take it you have the header that sits up above the turbo to the left of the headers with the orange radiator cap on ? If thats still full you should be fine and just fill the expansion bottle half full keep an eye on it

I do and it is full, It did smell a bit warm the other day but it came more from the turbo  :(  I shall have to keep an eye on it. I do have a scan gauge that gives temp readings from the ECU and moves a lot more than the standard gauge and even gives a reading before the thermostat opens. Can I mix coolant or shall i just add a bit of water, as I don't know what coolant is in it other than it's bright green and tastes amazing  :blink:

Haha good for getting rid of unwanted pets !

I was told not to mix the coolants as there's two types subaru use. I just topped up with de ionised water. It's due a full system flush next year anyway. My turbo always smells a bit for about 10secs after shutting down. Figured it was the oil warming down.

I'm on about sorting a leeds meet out. How often you up here and any preference to days etc if your interested ?

I can get up quite often and if theres a meet I'll try and plan for it but a vote on dates will help me. Only prob is I only know my rota for feb at the minute seem to be up once a week at the minute but at different parts so mid week weekend etc {stop waffling, bad Tim}

Haha no worries i need to see if it's going to be vaible and where would be a good location for everyone to meet for a start. It's all good both the lawnswood arms and fox and grapes on a64 are fairly friendly whwn it comes to car meets. mx5/vw ones take place at them so once i know who and where people are coming from i'll put some ideas forward