What made you...

wrightsterrrr

Rollamite gave his completed sport project to his mum for xmas and now she has branded hoodies etc really embraced the whole thing - still not a member on here though will have to give him a nudge :D

What a lucky woman! I don't think I would ever get that for Xmas!! I need a hoodie!!!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

It's not to bad if you can keep off the happy pedal, but that is easier said than done :) I had mine on the OBDII while driving around and did see my MPG reach 32.7 MPG but that didn't last long. And I had to drive around like the local vicar past a nursery school to get it that high. 

• Like 1

I started watching rallying in the late 80's and there were the swb audi's :wub: and delta integrales, then the early 90's and Scooby's and evo's came along. the Scooby just had it all. I wanted one for years, but had to travel miles for work and couldn't justify the extra fuel cost. just before my dad passed away, he said 'enjoy yourself while you're here' and 'you can't take it with you', after he passed away I got a new job with a work van (sparky) and I could afford it as a weekend toy, that was 6 years ago and I haven't regretted it one bit. 

when I go out of the house to work I look at it and it makes me smile. the noise is awesome, especially through tunnels, I've got 2 kids and they both love it and all their mates love it too. when I took it for a service, a mate gave me a lift to pick it up, I said he could drive it home, he loved it, he was smiling for weeks and still talks about it now

• Like 1

I've always liked the sound of a v8 but due to the road tax and fuel costs I settled for a 2.5 v6 vectra . Then got bored with the performance so i Added a 3ltr 24v omega engine .then found out that 250 hp + fwd = getting stuck in the snow with a 20 min journey taking 3 hrs .

decided overnight that my next car would be 4wd couldn't afford a rs4 (v8 ) so decided that a boxer powered scoob would be the best choice for practicality , power , handling and the noise .

2.5 years , full engine build , transmission change and a 17 yr old car thats made up of more shiny new bits than old ......

And the only thing I wonder is why I didn't buy one sooner :-)

• Like 3